• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

Howdy gents (and ladies if there are any out there), I'm a long time lurker of various weather forums but decided to finally take the plunge and join.  Been keeping fairly detailed weather data going on ten years now for my location here just south of Mount Joy in Lancaster County.  I live at the base of Chickies Ridge (Chiques if ya like), on the north side, at a low elevation of only ~360 ft.  I'm prone to some pretty decent inversions on calm clear winter nights where I'll often be 5-10 degrees colder than up on the ridge.  Of course, the opposite is true in all other scenarios, which is the vast majority of the time ha.  Anyway, now that I told you a bit about myself, let's get to tracking.  Too many impulses coming through in the next week to not cash the goods on something.  Seemed like the perfect time to join, cheers! 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Sabillasville is a nice snow yard for sure . There elevation 1500' ? . I remember October 29, 2011 they got 12"+ . That local is still east enough to get good coastal action as well.  

Sabillasville is around 1100ft.  Cascade sits closer to 1400-1500ft.  Highest point on south mountain (Quirauk Mountain) is 2145ft right above the old fort Richie.   My dad worked there for 20 years and site r (raven rock).  I know a lot about the area in general.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Howdy gents (and ladies if there are any out there), I'm a long time lurker of various weather forums but decided to finally take the plunge and join.  Been keeping fairly detailed weather data going on ten years now for my location here just south of Mount Joy in Lancaster County.  I live at the base of Chickies Ridge (Chiques if ya like), on the north side, at a low elevation of only ~360 ft.  I'm prone to some pretty decent inversions on calm clear winter nights where I'll often be 5-10 degrees colder than up on the ridge.  Of course, the opposite is true in all other scenarios, which is the vast majority of the time ha.  Anyway, now that I told you a bit about myself, let's get to tracking.  Too many impulses coming through in the next week to not cash the goods on something.  Seemed like the perfect time to join, cheers! 

Welcome! You are close to me - I live just outside of Maytown on the Mount Joy side very close to the air strip. 

10 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Welcome! 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Welcome! You are close to me - I live just outside of Maytown on the Mount Joy side very close to the air strip. 

Nice, I'm very familiar with that area.  I feel like I know some of you already just from reading the boards ha.  Also, whoever brought up Married With Children earlier, god bless you, I love that show and don't care what that makes me.  Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Welcome! We are a great group, except @Atomixwx. He’s the resident Otis. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Nice, I'm very familiar with that area.  I feel like I know some of you already just from reading the boards ha.  Also, whoever brought up Married With Children earlier, god bless you, I love that show and don't care what that makes me.  Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.....

Awesome!!  Definitely feels like a community even when you lurk.  Welcome aboard!

Welcome! We are a great group, except [mention=2708]Atomixwx[/mention]. He’s the resident Otis. 

Let me know if you and whomever else is local ever wants to meet at the cork n fork downtown on a Friday fir happy hour. I usually bartend there til 4pm on Fridays and easily get a table and some deals for a group

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Let me know if you and whomever else is local ever wants to meet at the cork n fork downtown on a Friday fir happy hour. I usually bartend there til 4pm on Fridays and easily get a table and some deals for a group

Once it’s safe to dine inside, I’m so there. We do get takeout weekly from you!

29 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Nice!  I normally work in Harrisburg, used to take the train every day, but we've been working from home since last March.  Who the heck knows when The Guv will let us come back.

58 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Welcome. Glad to have you join in on the fun. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Agree. I'm right on the m/d line just south of Littlestown and Hanover.  Just got home and see I was Just upgraded to a warning for 4-8" . Nam 850 fgen looks nice across SC Pa and Northern Md 

I noticed on some of your posts that you work in PA from time to time as well so you are a line straddler like a few on here including myself. 

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Your really close to me. I am at the top of Chickies hill  back a lane off Klinesville Rd.