Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

1 minute ago, CarlislePaWx said:

It looks like that band strengthened considerable over the past 30 minutes.  It was weaker passing over me and delivered nothing...lol.  Congrats to those east of the river.

Thanks just like that it is coming down nicely. At least something from this first wave of the week. 

Just now, paweather said:

GFS 12z is meh. I don't think it knows what to do with any of these waves. 

yeah it moved LP about 500 miles in one run.  lol

You'd think w/ the "stable" arctic boundary that it'd be a bit easier for the models.  

next up (rd#1 to me) trended better, and I still think enough time for #2 to correct north some, and thats about as far as I'm comfy in thinking right now.

Just now, pasnownut said:

yeah it moved LP about 500 miles in one run.  lol

You'd think w/ the "stable" arctic boundary that it'd be a bit easier for the models.  

next up (rd#1 to me) trended better, and I still think enough time for #2 to correct north some, and thats about as far as I'm comfy in thinking right now.

Yeah seems like the GFS is just having trouble with so many waves in a short period. Even the Valentines Day Coastal doesn't make sense on the evolution of it. I think the Meso's will do better this week.

Just now, paweather said:

Yeah seems like the GFS is just having trouble with so many waves in a short period. Even the Valentines Day Coastal doesn't make sense on the evolution of it. I think the Meso's will do better this week.

I think thats the best takeaway for right now.  Lotsa chit in da chute.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, anotherman said:

It's going to change.  Nothing has locked in the entire winter.  And we're going to have plenty more chances.

I agree. Even the GFS for next week brings wave after wave into the pattern even though they might not be a direct hit for PA right now it is just a stream of waves West to East. 

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

couple pingers fallin In Etown....

AWESOME......lol

Congrats to all the northers that "cashed in" today.  Seein how a few days ago this was a southern Pa deal...thx for stealin our snow.

That thin line of snow produced for us for about an hour. Now it seems like the sun is ready to breakout. 

17 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

It’s training time brought up strung out, suppressed possibility, looking like he may have been right to bring that up.

We know.  IMO its not about whos right and whos wrong (which sometimes seems that's whats going on in here).  Except for a couple red taggers (who also are faced w/ the same challenges...but they get paid for it), we are all a bunch of weenies throwing our amateur opinions out there to discuss something we enjoy.  Some of us try to back it up w/some logic....right or wrong.  That's the fun of it (for me anyway).  We all learn from one another, and that's the fun of the convo on a weather discussion board...notsomuch whos right and whos wrong.  

Of course its a possibility and its great to bring up any points to discuss because as amateurs....thats what we are here to do.  I think he knows that. 

Beyond Thursday, nooners are spilt between N and S, so noone really knows whos right and whos wrong, but as I said earlier, you need to blend knowledge/tendencies/logic and not just look at a map and say...aint happnenin.  Hope that makes sense and doesnt come off snooty, but some of us put time and effort into our reasoning cause thats the fun for many here.   

• Like 2

CMC ticked N for rd1 and just looks a bit less robust for rd2, but beyond that it is just like being in a batting cage w/ snowballs in da machine.  We've got many chances at fun no matter how they stack up.  That's the BIG win for me.  I never expected to land all of the digital snow we see on models.  i just want chances....and that we have.  

• Like 1