Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Observations Thread

kvegas-wx

20 minutes ago, Jmoon said:

Just walked outside. 36.0 With Light sleet and flurries mix right now in SW Rutherford county. Didn't even see anything frozen the other day in the winter storm warning. This is a nice little surprise. Be interesting to see what happens when the heavier precipitation arrives later tonight. 

Thats awesome to hear!! Keep us updated!

12 minutes ago, davenc said:

Thats awesome to hear!! Keep us updated!

Still sleeting here for the past 30 minutes or so. Down to 35.0. Had some pretty moderate bursts so far. Atmosphere is definitely different aloft currently than the last storm. Don't know how the rest of the storm shakes out but I would bet Definitely the mountains foothills piedmont triad should get a little front end thump as well like I just seen. Nice to hear and see sleet. It's been so long.

• Like 1

Currently in Eden, NC:
33.3/31.8 with rain falling along with the temp. Reached 35.5 at 6:37A, and it's been dropping since then. Raining hard enough on US 29 in Guilford County to have wipers on low because intermitent won't keep up. For those with it, enjoy the white stuff.
~David

2 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

While looking at various stations this morning, I noticed a wide variation in temperatures over a short distance.  I’m 36.1 while airport is 29.  One station near me is 35.8 while another is 30.9.

Definitely a classic case of radiation cooling with clear skies and calm winds. Low spots significantly cooler. Made for some heavy frost and icy spots from runoff. Today and tomorrow are classic coat in the morning, t-shirt in the afternoon weather.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, olafminesaw said:

Definitely a classic case of radiation cooling with clear skies and calm winds. Low spots significantly cooler. Made for some heavy frost and icy spots from runoff. Today and tomorrow are classic coat in the morning, t-shirt in the afternoon weather.

I’m on a ridge in the northern part of the county.  I can see what you mean seeing how the lower stations are cooler.

I won’t complain though.  I’m taking my father-in-law to the driving range today and golf course tomorrow.  Looking forward to some nice weather.

• jburns unpinned this topic