Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Observations Thread

kvegas-wx

1 hour ago, NorthHillsWx said:

We missed (thankfully) on the rain last night. Probably the first Underperformer of the year in the rainfall department. Only 0.11” overnight

So did we. Received only .09" overnight but did get some strong winds as trash cans were blown down all over. Currently a very spring like 72/64. Amazed at the temp contrast across the state. 72 here and 26 in Asheville. You can really tell where the front is.

Eden, NC:

Currently 30.6/19.9 which is the low for today, but I doubt we're done yet . . .

High today of 52.9 at 1:27P after the temperature and dew point didn't separate until 9:47A at 41.4

Barometer is currently at today's high of 29.51 after climbing from a low of 29.08 at 6:37A

1 hour ago, AirNelson39 said:

Just got a Tempest weather station here in southern Caldwell County. Excited to see the details with this borderline ice event tomorrow. Y’all can check it out here, https://tempestwx.com/station/41819/grid

Nice.  I’ve had a Tempest since late December.  I really like it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kc4wsd said:

Eden, NC:
Low this morning of 24.8 at 7:22A. Currently 37.6/19.7
Lots of sunshine in Greensboro, and finally warming a bit after a very cold start to the day. You should be getting plenty of sun for recharging those batteries@magpiemaniac

You’re right.  I’ve been keeping an eye on it.  Haven’t had much sustained sun since the 9th.  My battery is up to 2.62 volts after some sun today.  Another couple of hours should fully charge it to 2.78.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mercurydime said:

I mean, we can't be that far apart distance-wise.  I have an almost new Ambient station.  I may have a few hundred feet on you in elevation (I'm at ~ 1650).  Interesting, for sure.

I also have an ambient station. I'm at 1250 so you have 400 feet. May make the difference 

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic