Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2-7-21 Sunday 8-12 hour nor'easter snowstorm roughly 5A-5P

wdrag

3 hours ago, RU848789 said:

As of 12:50 pm, we're up to 5.0" continuing the 1.5"/hr rate, although the intensity just let up after that, while I was doing my 2nd shovel - again, easy with the wide broom.  32F and seeing a bit of melting on paved surfaces that were plowed and have some blacktop, with the midday Feb sun.  

As of 3 pm, we have an even 6.0" of snow in Metuchen, which is actually what I predicted, which is kind of a miracle, given what the models looked like yesterday/last night. Snow is falling lightly and mostly over - could pick up another 1/4" or so. Fantastic, beautiful, easy-to-shovel snowfall - just finished shoveling round 3. As I said earlier, don't wait until after the SuperBowl to shovel as everything will freeze solid with temps in the teens by morning!! Still 32F and once the snow started falling in earnest this morning, cooling the column of air, temps were never above 32F.  On to Tuesday, Thursday and maybe Sunday - the pattern that keeps on giving - up to 33.3" this winter.  

1155AM: CoCORAHS maps added for rough final analysis of the event: CT/MA only 1 day, but the NJ/PA/LI two day since some reports in NJ/PA occurred both days. CP 4.5".

Also snow depth normal via NOHRSC. Shows a nice positive w-e axis along or n of 40N (I-80ish) Iowa east to NYS/NJ and the water equivalent that we want to check either the 15th or 18th. Good to have water storage in snow but let it go out slow in spring.  Right now a solid 1-3" across the forum. 

Screen_Shot_2021-02-08_at_9_28.19_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-02-08_at_11_30.42_AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 11.36.44 AM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-02-08_at_11_49.15_AM.png

• 3 months later...