• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2-7-21 Sunday 8-12 hour nor'easter snowstorm roughly 5A-5P

wdrag

I’m banking on 5-7” near me in eastern Suffolk. 
I think they’ll be a thumping for 2-3 hours and that’s about it. Maybe sleet for an hour to start us off. UVV in the frontogenesis zone then should make for some decent dendritic action before the low zips off to the NE into the Gulf of Maine. 

After years of activity on social media as TARC, later known as The Meteorological Eclipse, I have finally made it to a forum. 

Greetings and salutations to all American weather lovers. 

I’m eager to chase something in February and will travel anywhere within the CONUS. Any ideas? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, weatherpruf said:

Can you elaborate....this still looks like the heaviest stuff is south and east to my untrained eye, and not good for areas like Wayne. 

Really,  the movement north and west of the forcing  band  is a good move for all of us in the metro area.  We shall see

48 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

0z GFS gives the NYC area a few inches of snow thursday before mixing, but much higher amounts to the north where it takes much longer to change over.

are temps in the 20s throughout the event?  If so even the mixing would stick, we haven't had a big snow to ice event here since 2007

10 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

are temps in the 20s throughout the event?  If so even the mixing would stick, we haven't had a big snow to ice event here since 2007

They start very cold in the 20s, but how long it stays cold enough depends on what model you look at. Tonight's Euro, as Anthony showed in the February thread, gives the entire area a LOT of snow thursday afternoon into thursday night. For today's event, the Euro is still giving the NYC area a solid 4 inches of snow.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, winterwx21 said:

They start very cold in the 20s, but how long it stays cold enough depends on what model you look at. Tonight's Euro, as Anthony showed in the February thread, gives the entire area a LOT of snow thursday afternoon into thursday night. For today's event, the Euro is still giving the NYC area a solid 4 inches of snow.

wow that model doesn't have any changeover until south of Toms River and 6-12 here with the storm ending Friday afternoon, a 24 hr storm

Leaving the forecast to the NWS and our forum.  Please see attached NWS collaborated and SPC ensemble HREF snowfall.  Other models a little less than this, so am a little concerned about melting initially NYC-LI coastal NJ (even rain to start for an hour or so); but it should snow hard for a few hours midday.  Seems to have a slightly later start.  There will be banding and snow ratios may end up near 12 to 1 nw of I95... and only 10 to 1 NYC east and south.  618A/7

Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 6.01.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 5.21.17 AM.png

• Like 1

Does anyone have a GOOD live radar link that they can share here so we can see where this storm actually is right now ? I just saw a still pic of the radar and I could be mistaken but is this storm farther west as snow lovers in the burbs would want ? I mean unless that is Virga I am seeing near central and western PA  the moisture at least to me seems much farther West than I thought it would be but I could be mistaken ? This is what I was looking at and the precipice APPEARS west of Allentown https://www.weatherforyou.com/reports/index.php?forecast=pass&pass=radar2&place=&state=ec

26 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Does anyone have a GOOD live radar link that they can share here so we can see where this storm actually is right now ? I just saw a still pic of the radar and I could be mistaken but is this storm farther west as snow lovers in the burbs would want ? I mean unless that is Virga I am seeing near central and western PA  the moisture at least to me seems much farther West than I thought it would be but I could be mistaken ? This is what I was looking at and the precipice APPEARS west of Allentown https://www.weatherforyou.com/reports/index.php?forecast=pass&pass=radar2&place=&state=ec

Don't know about out in PA. But it is virga here in Vernon. 

• Thanks 1