Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2-7-21 Sunday 8-12 hour nor'easter snowstorm roughly 5A-5P

wdrag

1 minute ago, lordsnot said:

It was free. and over 8 hours ago.  I said this morning, I was off by one minute.  My point is, normally with a snowstorm on the way he tweets frequently.  He (and Mike Masco) have been silent all day.

Well, Mt Holly did use the " challenging forecast" qualification IIRC in the morning report...

1 hour ago, White Gorilla said:

Instead of focusing on a particular forecaster, let's all nowcast and look at real time trends, upper air pattern, radar development and the high res short range (HRRR, Srefs) 

The latest HRRR looks like a general 1-3 except maybe far eastern LI.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lordsnot said:

It was free. and over 8 hours ago.  I said this morning, I was off by one minute.  My point is, normally with a snowstorm on the way he tweets frequently.  He (and Mike Masco) have been silent all day.

So according to your forecast and snow map, here in NE Sussex County NJ we are 1-2" ?

3 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

HRRR was garbage on Monday. The only thing it got right was the sleet elements. 

I'm not vouching for it. I'm just pointing out yet another model that had been showing moderate QPF that has backed off as we've gotten closer. There's not much model support for >0.4" QPF outside of far eastern areas.

46 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Yeah it takes so long to put the slippers on by 8...  It's funny but all of the forums I hang out on are dead tonight.

By and large, most people seem to be back in normal socializing mode. I was invited out by a couple different groups tonight. I think you can guess my feelings on that without too much trouble so I won't get into it, but Saturday night is alive and well. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Northof78 said:

If a deepening low passes that close with no confluence In front, I think we know the result....2 past events trended NW in last day...no reason for this not to follow

Not necessarily that simple but I respect sticking with your forecast. I don’t think it’ll be a total bust and sticking with 3-6 for nyc 

• Like 1

Hello all. I am Adam from tsw

we been posting all day on our page. Don’t know why my name was brought up of Mia.  Keeping 3-6/4-8 as I have all week.  I learned from the blizzard I kept 1-2 feet for a week as a forecast and didn’t back down.  The worse thing do to is model hug

great page and a lot of great forecasters on here. More snow is coming after this.  Enjoy the ride!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, tristateweatherFB said:

we been posting all day on our page. Don’t know why my name was brought up of Mia.  Keeping 3-6/4-8 as I have all week.  I learned from the blizzard I kept 1-2 feet for a week as a forecast and didn’t back down.  The worse thing do to is model hug

great page and a lot of great forecasters on here. More snow is coming after this.  Enjoy the ride!

Good to see you here Adam! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

By and large, most people seem to be back in normal socializing mode. I was invited out by a couple different groups tonight. I think you can guess my feelings on that without too much trouble so I won't get into it, but Saturday night is alive and well. 

SMH. I'm with you....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, sussexcountyobs said:

You mean people are starting to wake up to all the bulls**t we've been fed for the last year? Sadly,  it's too late.

Don't exaggerate. We've only been tracking this storm for a few days. :)

24/14F here, though the rate of cooling has leveled off quite a bit with the high clouds streaming in. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, tristateweatherFB said:

Wow

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1