Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2-7-21 Sunday 8-12 hour nor'easter snowstorm roughly 5A-5P

wdrag

Just now, weatherpruf said:

I'm still mighty sore from Monday's event. But I'll gladly take a nice walk in a moderate snow in the morning. Can someone tell me what the devil a jebwalk is?

I believe in the old, older forum it was used to describe a stroll taken in Arctic vodka cold temperatures. As always.....

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

Mid Atlantic forum poster, IIRC, during intense snowstorms he took walks to experience them up close and personal.  Name was 'Jeb', obviously.

Heh we've had some classic posters in the past, Mulan, Pamela....well I think the latter was banned but Mulan moved to FL. Hope he's ok. A few years down there you forget all about snow. 

5 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Heh we've had some classic posters in the past, Mulan, Pamela....well I think the latter was banned but Mulan moved to FL. Hope he's ok. A few years down there you forget all about snow. 

I

His handle was mulen. Fun poster. see ya

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

This could verify, but what is he basing this on? 

The LAST CALL map only features some minor changes from the previous forecast map. I have replaced the 5 to 8 inch snow band with the 4-6 inch snow band and I have shifted it to the South because most of the data on this Saturday morning and midday shows has trended this way. There is a clear shift southward of the 1 inch in snowline in West Virginia , central Pennsylvania , and eastern New York State. In addition. the high-resolution short-range models have shifted the heaviest snow band to the south of the big cities of I-95. This results in an increase in the snow amounts in the Northern Neck, southern Maryland. and across the central Delmarva into southern New Jersey.
The forecast uncertainty is the Richmond Metro area but the latest and final model runs of the 18z NAM have shown an increase of up to 3.5 inches of snow in the Richmond Metro area. The last two previous 3KM NAM model runs actually showed all rain and no snow of any kind in the Richmond Metro area.
From what I can see the best snows will be in a range from Roanoke to Lynchburg Charlottesville up into Fredericksburg Tappahannock Lake Anna then into the southern Maryland counties of st. Mary's and Calvert, and into the far Southern New Jersey and far Southeastern Massachusetts. Temperatures will be cold enough in Southwest Virginia as well as the central Virginia and Piedmont regions to support moderate to heavy snowfall early Sunday morning.
Also be advised that there is a potential for significant ice storm in much of central and western Virginia , much of Maryland, into Southeast Pennsylvania, and the eastern panhandle of West Virginia on Thursday February 11th. More on this later

1 minute ago, White Gorilla said:

He has NYC 2-4 inches with the 4 inch line way SE of the city 

If this is the end game, the twitter fight yesterday between Steve DiMartino and Adam Tocksin was all for naught as the latest forecast aligns with SDs thinking all week until he flipped yesterday.  

19 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

He doesn't seem that far off from other forecasts or am I reading it properly? Looks like 4 for the area, on the lower range but I've been hearing 3-6 all day.  

I think 3-5 for us but can see this busting IMO. LI will do well with 4-7