Newest Member
    joxey
2-7-21 Sunday 8-12 hour nor'easter snowstorm roughly 5A-5P

wdrag

We just got a Winter Storm Warning:

Issued by National Weather Service
New York City, NY
4:00 AM EST Sat, Feb 6, 2021

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 9 PM EST SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 7 inches.

* WHERE...Portions of northeast New Jersey, southern Connecticut and southeast New York.

* WHEN...From 6 AM to 9 PM EST Sunday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snowfall rates may exceed 1+ inches per hour for a period during the late morning and early afternoon.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.

Check local Department of Transportation information services for the latest road conditions.

&&

11 hours ago, Albedoman said:

Walt- I have 24 inches still on the ground in Macungie?  Snow loads are rapidly becoming problematical in the LV as two major building have been destroyed and a Amazon warehouse under construction had to be evacuated. Do you see another 6-12 for us in the LV?

By the 13th I do...  my guess is 3-6 for you Sunday, T-1" if snow Tuesday,, then next Thu possibly several inches, then ice Friday and end as snow early Sat. That latter uncertain on amounts of the ptypes.  Definitely safe mitigation considerations... no science on my part but based on your report, melt damming in gutters and where SAFELY-SAFELY possible, ease snow loads on roofs. Definitely not worth a broken leg, concussion or worse. There's another behind this the 16th-17th ish I think. All of this is modeling based. 

'

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Upton's snow map

StormTotalSnowWeb1.png

WOW, aren't they usually more conservative , I mean especially with the models showing drier ? and what's with the N n W totals,,,don't get me wrong I will take 4-6 in New City but as I said after the overnight runs they appear to me on the high side. What did they see at 4 a m to say this ?

6 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

WOW, aren't they usually more conservative , I mean especially with the models showing drier ? and what's with the N n W totals,,,don't get me wrong I will take 4-6 in New City but as I said after the overnight runs they appear to me on the high side. What did they see at 4 a m to say this ?

It is certainly possible this storm shifts northwest  today.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Big Jims Videos said:

Mt. holly going a lot of rain for coast and drastically cut totals again for areas along/east of the GSP

They do indicate it could happen in their discussion, but they also say the I95 corridor could be the sweet spot; and also that models had seemed to go a little SE. ANd of course, it's a "challenging forecast"

• Like 1