Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2-7-21 Sunday 8-12 hour nor'easter snowstorm roughly 5A-5P

wdrag

10 minutes ago, Mitchel Volk said:

Sad about Tex he was drunk and said after a news story about a rape “just lay back and enjoy the”. 

Honestly it seems many of the NYC TV Mets had some sort of scandal.  Cimino, Dannon, the woman who lied about being assaulted, Evans, it’s a long list, Mr. G somehow has escaped unscathed for 45 years 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mitchel Volk said:

It was hard back then that and a few books is all I had.  The New York Times was also great back then.. now there is all the info of the world out there, times have changed.

I new the radio stations that gave the hourly temperature on time and correctly...When NYC was heading towards a record low (whats that?) I was gluded to the radio listing for the hours temperature....now its everywhere...

• Like 2

As bad as the 21z SREFs were, there could be worse. EPS member e17 forecast no snow whatsoever for New York City through February 20. In reality, the guidance has remained relatively consistent with the usual inter-cycle shifting since 12z. As such, much of the region from central New Jersey north and eastward across Newark and New York City and Long Island, and along the southern New England coastline remains in line for a solid 4”-8” snowfall with locally higher amounts. 

For those who are interested, EPS member e03 was the snowiest member, showing 37” snow through February 20.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Mitchel Volk said:

Sad about Tex he was drunk and said after a news story about a rape “just lay back and enjoy the”. 

Not that the comment wasn't bad enough, but if memory serves the story was about a 13 year old girl. Mind boggling, what was he thinking? You can only blame the alcohol to a point.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mitchel Volk said:

Dr. Frank Field was an eye doctor, not a met doctor, but the Army did send him for a degree in met during WW2.

I was in his backyard in Nassau Shores, mid 1970s, he had a pit bull which tried to copulate with my leg.  Storm Field should still be alive...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

Dr. Frank Field was an eye doctor, not a met doctor, but the Army did send him for a degree in met during WW2.

I was in his backyard in Nassau Shores, mid 1970s, he had a pit bull which tried to copulate with my leg.  Storm Field should still be alive...

Storm Field died? wth, what happened?

46 minutes ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

They're both still alive.

• Haha 1

Looking at the Upton's forecast and the Probabilistic Winter Weather Forecasts page, its interesting to see that there's almost no difference between the expected forecast and the 90% chance (high end) forecast, whereas the 10% chance (low end) forecast has most locations at zero, and only Montauk and Westhampton seeing 2".

I always figured, not knowing any better that the 10 and 90% forecasts would typically reflect some sort of bell curve distribution, and while they are not always like that, this one struck me as unusual.   Would be really interested in what skew means.  From a layman's standpoint I assume it means that lot of things need to fall into place for this to pan out, but then why wouldn't the expected forecast number be lower?  Would appreciate any insight.  Thanks.

26 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Surprised there wasn't more buzz from LI'ers about the 0z NAM.  Maybe it's wrong, but that 5" of snow in an hour at 19Z on Sunday would be memorable.

Screenshot_20210206-002303.png

lol I have a feeling this is going to be one strange storm

do you have this horrible wind tonight too, Ed?  I'm shivering ...I can feel the cold wind inside my house!