Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2-7-21 Sunday 8-12 hour nor'easter snowstorm roughly 5A-5P

wdrag

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Hopefully this is as amped as it gets and others don't make a big leap NW. 3k NAM was even more amped and brings a dryslot in. This winter you can never rule it out. 

Low has been tucked with every storm we have gotten this winter.

Insane

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sferic said:

I want it a tick or two NW  so the majority of us are happy from Long Island to the Catskills

Another tick or 2 and LI is rain.  This isn't the type of storm that will make everyone happy.   I could see this trending closer to the coast.  We'll see. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Hopefully this is as amped as it gets and others don't make a big leap NW. 3k NAM was even more amped and brings a dryslot in. This winter you can never rule it out. 

yep-last 2 storms have had sleet well N and W of where anyone thought it would be.  It's part of living at the coast. Either way we get a ferocious front end dump.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

I feel like all winter the SE ridge has been discussed as being stronger than modeled. I think the correction closer to the coast is reflective of that. 

It’s more that the shortwave is absurdly strong down south.  The NAM would indicate that even if this ticked 40 miles more west this thing could be wrapped enough that areas that mix or change to rain but still have the low track just east of them could flip back to very heavy snow for a period of 2-3 hours 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

It’s more that the shortwave is absurdly strong down south.  The NAM would indicate that even if this ticked 40 miles more west this thing could be wrapped enough that areas that mix or change to rain but still have the low track just east of them could flip back to very heavy snow for a period of 2-3 hours 

Yep.  Showing up as impressive with moisture feed/jet.  Also think the PNA help is here with this at moment as modeled.

1 minute ago, snowman19 said:

No Winter Storm Watch from Upton for Rockland, Orange, Northern Westchester or western Bergen County. They are calling for a very quick mover, 7am-2pm, 3-5 inches of snow total in my area (Rockland)

if history is correct NW areas will likely do best....$100 says those watches are extended NW by tonight or tomorrow AM

• Like 1