Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2-7-21 Sunday 8-12 hour nor'easter snowstorm roughly 5A-5P

wdrag

13 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

Upton and Mount Holly are probably meeting right now or planning to do so this afternoon to begin deciding whether to release Winter Storm Watches for at least some of the area or wait till Saturday AM. Walt probably knows what is going on behind the scenes right now........

My guess is it will depend what 12z euro shows 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

These arctic fronts love to beef up as we get near. 

qpf_acc.us_ne.png

If you can get the 1.3 qpf here , this becomes 10 to 15 inches. 

You will see the ratios are gona be good. Ratios are due to the lifting and mid level temps.  Last storm had 700 mb temps minus 3 to 4. This one is minus 10 and similar mid level lift. Watch out.

5 minutes ago, wizard021 said:

Ratios look higher than 1:10 .  Strong lifting with 700 mb temps minus 10.  1 inch qpf would squeeze out 12 inch of snow not 10.

700th.us_ne.png Very 

In this case the 700 low is taking a great track for coastal areas. I haven’t looked at maps/soundings for where the max lift is but if it’s in the -12 to -18c layer that’s the best for high ratios. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gmendevils8204 said:

Will be even better for the Super Bowl ratings if the most populated area of the country is snowed in on Sunday.  Between that, the virus keeping people home and Brady vs. Mahomes, this game could do a monster rating.

I know not many here would care about NASCAR but the original President’s Day blizzard did something very similar and many call it the reason it exists as it does now 

• Like 1

Just now, MJO812 said:

Mike Woods says 1-3 inches for NYC with rain

Smh

Most TV Mets are just lousy. They were way underdone east of the city on the last storm until the morning of and even then we were on the top end of the ranges if not higher. Upton was generally overdone but was better. There are some exceptions like Craig Allen but not many. I’m sure by 5pm those will be upped and we might be under a watch anyway. 

17 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Mike Woods says 1-3 inches for NYC with rain

Smh

I would go 2-6 for the metro, the ridiculousness from some on twitter right now is out of control, this is not a 10-18 inch storm in the metro, no way, I’m sorry. You aren’t getting those kinds of snowfall rates in that very short period of time, we also aren’t seeing 13:1 ratios, that’s silly

34 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

I know not many here would care about NASCAR but the original President’s Day blizzard did something very similar and many call it the reason it exists as it does now 

You are exactly right. And what solidified that event were four words spoken by Ken squier on CBS. "and there's a fight". The coast is going to get slammed because I'm in Florida now for speed week happens every time I come down here

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

I would go 2-6 for the metro, the ridiculousness from some on twitter right now is out of control, this is not a 10-18 inch storm in the metro, no way, I’m sorry. You aren’t getting those kinds of snowfall rates in that very short period of time, we also aren’t seeing 13:1 ratios, that’s silly

We got a foot in under 6hrs. 

Sometimes we get into these periods where it wants to keep snowing. Could we see a March 2018 but in February.