Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
2-7-21 Sunday 8-12 hour nor'easter snowstorm roughly 5A-5P

wdrag

4 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

It's coming. 

Could end up being an ideal coastal track actually.

gotta keep that green liquid  offshore - RGEM is maybe too amped ? BUT as one of the inlander"s mentioned AC has to be liquid for inlanders to get higher totals

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hooralph said:

Looking at the forecasts, I recall one of my favorite random, low key storms - 2/7/03. Two weeks before the Blizzard, it came up the coast like a bullet; nearly identical snowfall distribution. Is that an analog here? Boston got a foot out of out.

http://www.raymondcmartinjr.com/weather/2003/07-Feb-03.html

image.png.be0d6df7b18494b910f73d31551799cc.png

Was just thinking the same thing!!

3 minutes ago, sussexcountyobs said:

For my area I always want it to be rain from southeast NJ to eastern Long Island.

I'm sure, but you're not supposed to say that out loud here :)   On LI we always have that rain threat in the back of our minds,  keeping us from truly enjoying the runup to the big events until they are halfway done.  Even on this latest storm you can see how it is gonna do its darndest to get that four letter word into the picture.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hooralph said:

Looking at the forecasts, I recall one of my favorite random, low key storms - 2/7/03. Two weeks before the Blizzard, it came up the coast like a bullet; nearly identical snowfall distribution. Is that an analog here? Boston got a foot out of out.

http://www.raymondcmartinjr.com/weather/2003/07-Feb-03.html

image.png.be0d6df7b18494b910f73d31551799cc.png

That was a nice storm. New York City picked up just over 5” and there were widespread 6” or above amounts in the suburbs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wdrag said:

I saw the 12z/5 NAM. I sure hope RGEM/GGEM CATCH UP...  nice storm, no matter whether warnable or just advisable. NAM is definitely on the higher side and consistently so.

Will review details for myself at 330P and then check back. 

Rgem did catch up Walt, finally heh

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Why does the Euro do well with tucked in lows like 1-31 to 2-3 but show too much suppression with more traditional BM tracks like this?

It was tucked a few days ago. Now models are trending toward euro before and euro is too far se. I’d expect it to come around at 12z at this point