Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2-7-21 Sunday 8-12 hour nor'easter snowstorm roughly 5A-5P

wdrag

6 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

18z and 6z runs also incorporate updated data. It’s a myth that somehow they just run off previous 12z or 0z data. 

I was talking about the balloons they only launch for the  0Z and 12Z runs which incorporate the most important new upper air data..........18Z and 06Z aren't as accurate with any other new  data in them

26 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

18z and 6z runs also incorporate updated data. It’s a myth that somehow they just run off previous 12z or 0z data. 

I think that’s a half truth. From what I understand they use 6hr data from the previous run, and add some new data. I might be explaining this wrong but I had a convo with a met on phillywx. Regardless off runs are still updated and worth taking serious 

I'll update in the morning if any change from this morning and the initial thread. I think the range in our forum is generally 1-9" with 9" unlikely (NAM already has 8" as did the EC wayyy back) but we want to resolve the model differences.

For the heavier 4+ amounts I want to the see GGEM/RGEM continue to edge north in their future cycles and remaining models hold firm. Overall, I see a potential advisory event for a portion of the forum but cant rule out 6+ LI/NJ.  Will take a longer look at this tomorrow.  

The only other note I have, if this does come to pass, as it appears, this will be the second successive event that the EC had a good idea about 5-7days out or beyond, and then all models lost it at about 96-114 hours and recovered northward (not as far north as D6-7) beginning at about 84 hours. Others might see it different?  It remains to be seen if this forecast on forecast is going to verify.  This history of models losing an event well modeled in the courser modeling 6-7 days in advance and then losing it closer in, hen reacquiring in the shorter term dates back decades.  This is written  (96-120 hr loss, then reacquisition ~84 hours) needs to be debunked, or, it's something that I will be looking forward to,  the rest of this winter, for possible subsequent events.  Later, Walt

• Like 7