Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2-7-21 Sunday 8-12 hour nor'easter snowstorm roughly 5A-5P

wdrag

1 hour ago, snowman19 said:

The models underestimated the SE Ridge, now they are correcting north. Sunday is going to be another snowstorm. If there are thunderstorms blowing up in the SE on Saturday into Sunday, the latent and sensible heat release aloft  is going to pump the ridge up even more

WOW,,,were you hacked by MJO ??? Asking for a few friends

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, snowman19 said:

The models underestimated the SE Ridge, now they are correcting north. Sunday is going to be another snowstorm. If there are thunderstorms blowing up in the SE on Saturday into Sunday, the latent and sensible heat release aloft  is going to pump the ridge up even more

Who are you and what have you done with snowman19?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The UKMET might be more like the CMC.  I don’t have specific graphics yet but the 72-96 positions suggest a near miss to me

doesn't even look near - BUT that being said until some of these foreign based models get on board especially the Canadian and EURO I'm less then 50 % invested in this event right now.........

qpf_acc.conus.png

5 minutes ago, tim said:

...love the coastal grazers..better chance of a all snow event.especially for us east enders..

there is a chance the guidance might not be through adjusting west yet since it just began the last couple model cycles - remember the EURO was showing this a few days ago

prateptype_cat_ecmwf.conus.png

• Like 1

Still time for it to come NW enough for most of us to get a few inches and possibly more near the coast. The nature of this being an Arctic wave means it won’t be a long lasting event- it won’t amplify like crazy and slow down. This wouldn’t be the kind of storm for huge amounts, maybe 6-8” type stuff at most. 

3 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

If it does I would agree with the idea of 6-10 as a high end despite the fast movement—mainly focused on the coastal areas perhaps? Otherwise 3-6/4-8 event 

Yes it's a southern stream wave, but embedded in a fast pattern and not slowing down/amplifying too much. NAM would be the best outcome obviously but at this range it can be too amped. Hopefully others trend NW again at 18z/0z. 

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Yes it's a southern stream wave, but embedded in a fast pattern and not slowing down/amplifying too much. NAM would be the best outcome obviously but at this range it can be too amped. Hopefully others trend NW again at 18z/0z. 

Either way it’s actually a bit of a legit shock to see a pack-reinforcing storm to be coming so close behind such a “massive” blizzard as last weekend was, even if this looks more like a moderate event at best 

Roughly 19 ECMWF ensembles members  are hits.  3-4 are actually so far west they are wet for the coast.  The other 25-28 are more or less misses or nothing notable.  It seems more or less the ensembles are going big or going nothing at all.  The 19 hits more or less show 6 inch plus events.  That’s ALOT of more or lesses by me