Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2-7-21 Sunday 8-12 hour nor'easter snowstorm roughly 5A-5P

wdrag

25 minutes ago, romba said:

was it 14-15 where we got an arctic wave conveyor belt, it seemed that every 2 weeks we'd get a clipper that trended from nada to 2-4 at 72 hrs, up to 3-6 at 48, and then 5-10 at 24?

It was my first year lurking on this site and tracking winter storms and I got spoiled assuming every weak event would inevitably trend stronger the closer we got lol

Yes it was. That was probably my favorite all time winter, cold 4-8 inch type storms every week seemingly which kept refreshing the snowpack. The snowpack lasted all February pretty much, a rarity in our area.

1 minute ago, mikem81 said:

ICON came a little east. GFS/NAM/ICON look pretty similar now in terms of storm track (NAM being most robust)

still plenty of time for adjustments in the positioning of the precip field and intensity of............

3 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The GFS is slowest to get rid of the SE ridging and shove the arctic air mass way south.  The CMC basically does it by Wednesday.  I’m not sure if I buy the GFS idea.  I think the threats after midweek might be SE US snow falls 

NAO is rising so I would agree with the GFS

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Too many forums I'm on

Getting confused

start a thread here for next weekend 2/13-14- you are confusing matters here in this one - thanks......that being said I don't think Walt will be fully on board with this weekends event till the Canadian comes on board - and if the EURO is still out to sea at 12Z -well...........

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

NAO is rising so I would agree with the GFS

The NAO rise is sort of fake.  The calculation used for the indices sees that funky almost west-east oriented ridge poking towards the Azores from the Caribbean on the ensembles after 2-10 which is maybe leading to the false calculation of a positive NAO because that ridge coupled with the Greenland and Baffin ridge is driving screaming flow over the Atlantic in between.  The pattern though is still blocked up 

• Like 1