Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2-7-21 Sunday 8-12 hour nor'easter snowstorm roughly 5A-5P

wdrag

10 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

All the models trended west at 6z. Lets see the other models.

Yes - really interesting that yesterdays 12Z EURO it was really difficult to even tell if there was a storm was a storm out there ....and now expect that at todays 12Z it will be anywhere close to the 12Z NAM ???BUT a few days prior the EURO was the first model to pick up on a direct hit

prateptype_cat_ecmwf.conus.pngprateptype_cat_ecmwf.conus.png

• Like 1

Just now, NEG NAO said:

Yes - really interesting that yesterdays 12Z EURO it was really difficult to even tell if there was a storm was a storm out there ....and now expect that at todays 12Z it will be anywhere close to the 12Z NAM ???

prateptype_cat_ecmwf.conus.png

I have no clue. Euro has been awful with this storm. Last storm Euro did pretty well but no model really stood out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

A little too close to comfort but seeing it this west is nice. Lets see 12z.

Ok... I have a SREF source and its waist a hit, but I do see the hit by the NAM. Haven't seen anything else for the 12z cycle and am off line til 530P.  I think this is a very good sign and am counting on an event for Sunday.  Hopefully RGEM supports as well as future 12z/4 GFSv16/GGEM. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

I have no clue. Euro has been awful with this storm. Last storm Euro did pretty well but no model really stood out. 

Not certain but didn't the GFS Para seemed to hold serve for a major EC snow storm for a while, while the other models wavered in and out of that idea? 

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

No surprise that the Sunday event is trending back to a hit-arctic waves often show up 48 hrs out....

was it 14-15 where we got an arctic wave conveyor belt, it seemed that every 2 weeks we'd get a clipper that trended from nada to 2-4 at 72 hrs, up to 3-6 at 48, and then 5-10 at 24?

It was my first year lurking on this site and tracking winter storms and I got spoiled assuming every weak event would inevitably trend stronger the closer we got lol

7 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

The models underestimated the SE Ridge, now they are correcting north. Sunday is going to be another snowstorm. If there are thunderstorms blowing up in the SE on Saturday into Sunday, the latent and sensible heat release aloft  is going to pump the ridge up even more

Who took over your account ? =p

• Like 3
  • Haha 7