Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

12 minutes ago, CatoctinRN said:

Agreed. I banned that show when mine were that young that show was insufferable 

He was so god damn terrible. Like, it legit makes my blood boil that someone in Canada thought that was a good pitch idea to give a green light too and that it was a popular show. I have not met a single parent who actually liked the show. The worst. 

11 minutes ago, mappy said:

He was so god damn terrible. Like, it legit makes my blood boil that someone in Canada thought that was a good pitch idea to give a green light too and that it was a popular show. I have not met a single parent who actually liked the show. The worst. 

Growing’ up is not so tough, CEPT when I’ve had enough! There’s lots of fun stuff, I’m Caillou

CAILLOU

CAILLOU

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Caillou (the character) is that perpetually whiny kid who most parents try like hell to keep their kids away from and  avoid playdates with. My guys were just beyond the age range for that show (thank GOD) but for the few episodes I endured, my immediate thought was, "WTF thought that THIS kid was/is modeling good behavior??"

Sadly, Barney and the Teletubbies WERE popular when my guys were little and we unfortunately did NOT miss that boat. Teletubbies, UGH....insipid on one level, nightmare fuel on another. Clean-up on aisle 5...

1 hour ago, mappy said:

I apologize on behalf of the country of my birth.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Just ducking in to note that the players are about to be on the field for the elusive fifteentuple phaser. 

Be careful. 

Yeah. Wouldn't be disappointed by one more snow and a big one at that. But neither would I be disappointed to be drinking an IPA in shorts/t-shirt on the back patio within the next few weeks. I'll watch the tracking from the sidelines (can't help myself) but don't know if I can muster a lot of excitement for the triple-phasing jackalope after getting a taste of those 60s temps midweek.

28 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Have the back door open slightly for the cats. Their cable is out there to watch. Love starting to hear all the typical water birds as we have a creek behind our house. Lot of chattering going on out there today. 

Had to visit my office at Fort Belvoir yesterday to pick up some supplies, first time I was back to my workplace in nearly a year. There is a creek and some wetland near my building and I heard the first few peepers singing their songs yesterday. Spring is getting ready to...spring.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mappy said:

image.png.8837f94a0d67f7fa9a91dcc94005c7bc.png

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, CAPE said:

If you don't want to watch the whole journey, just start at 45 mins. We need to have a GTG there lol. 

First, the clarity/resolution of that YouTube vid is one of the best I've seen.

Second, I scanned the entire vid, but starting at the point you suggested reminded me of the Overlook Hotel location in the 1980 movie version of "The Shining."  :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Whoa.....They're a bit scary and weird as eff. 

Did they eat the Wiggles ? Lol.

They look like life size versions of the bug that started the Zombie apocalypse. For my early years it was Howdy Doodie, Kukla, Fran and Ollie, Andy’s Gang, Captain Video and Junior Frolics. As always ....

• Haha 1

Was able to schedule my COVID vaccine at M&T Bank stadium! So happy. Shoutout the bot on Twitter that tweets when new vaccines are available. Trying for my father next. 
Can you share the Twitter name? I've been trying for my wife and I've gotten through 3 times only to have someone snag her selected time slot each time. It's frustrating it doesn't hold thr slot while you fill out information

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Dude ....how old are you? You might be older then @mitchnick by like 25 years . ive seen Howdy Doodie but that other stuff is olddddd.

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Dude ....how old are you? You might be older then @mitchnick by like 25 years . ive seen Howdy Doodie but that other stuff is olddddd.

Well the rest, as you put it, were early 50’s vintage. I enjoyed them On a 12 inch black and white 7 channel tv. As far as my age, I was born before the middle of the last century. Quite a long time before the microscopic miracles joined, divided and eventually grew into the ‘dude’ you’ve become. As always ....

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Cool stuff! 7 channels is slim pickings.  I remember the rabbit ears and we only got 2/11/13/54/5 /67.My Brother and I only had a zenith b+w family tv until we were around 9 or 10 ( friends all had color )then we got a color tv along with MTV lol. Cable must have been cheapo in Baltimore in the early mid 80s because our poor asses didn't have any doe . 

LOL. This was pretty much life growing up in the late 70s/early 80s in northcentral PA.  :)  Rabbit ears were the only way I got TV on the tiny 12" B/W TV in my bedroom. My parents got "basic" cable...which means that I had to go to a couple HS friends' house to see the "good" stuff like MTV, HBO, etc.  :D 

2 hours ago, wrb129 said:

Can you share the Twitter name? I've been trying for my wife and I've gotten through 3 times only to have someone snag her selected time slot each time. It's frustrating it doesn't hold thr slot while you fill out information

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

The twitter @ is @ MDVaxAlerts. Good luck! You gotta be quick. 

41 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

Anyone remember "SuperTV" from the early to mid 80s?  WNUV (TV 54) would "scramble" their signal in the evening and show premium content.  Subscribers would have a UHF directional installed connected to a Zenith decoder box that allowed watching.

Here's an Ad:

Yep! It was awesome until the day we finally got HBO. And yeah. I tried to watch scrambled “adult content”. I mean what else would a 12 year old do!?  LOL. Oh wait. Now they just Google whatever floats their boat. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic