Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2021

George BM

Just now, mattie g said:

Yup. I was just about to post that this winter has really sucked because of the "frozen precip" this year. Watching other folks only 40-50 miles away get raked time and time again makes it even that much more miserable.

It's been a crazy Feb.  Frustrating for sure,  been close to a real nice stretch for us down here, but I'm over the sleet and freezing rain.  It's funny, today has the most ice on the trees of the winter lol.

32 minutes ago, nj2va said:

It was a straight up troll/snark post.

lolol i was thinking about posting similar but know this place is already a powder keg waiting to go off on any post. 

Honestly hope it stops snowing soon so boating season isnt delayed :ph34r:. With the way things are going i will have snow piles into june.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, nj2va said:

It was a straight up troll/snark post.

giphy.gif

Which, of course, was lost on him. Here I go again. That dude's lack of self-awareness is mind-blowing, but his newest trick -- tossing in the odious "Sorry about your shutout but better luck next time!!" tagline -- makes navigating his posts even more insufferable than usual.

I have an idea. Maybe MG could help. What if we all submitted our exact lat/long and we made a map that we could all reference for each posters exact location? We could have a pinned thread for it along with elevation maps etc. When reading the posts I often find myself saying wonder where that is.

14 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I have an idea. Maybe MG could help. What if we all submitted our exact lat/long and we made a map that we could all reference for each posters exact location? We could have a pinned thread for it along with elevation maps etc. When reading the posts I often find myself saying wonder where that is.

Works for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

I may have seen an oriole or two in my time, but it's exceedingly rare. Cardinals, for sure. Robins everywhere. Blue jays occasionally, but definitely not more than maybe a nesting pair at the same time.

We've had all kinds of birds at our feeders this winter - probably moreso than any other year. The kids really like watching the birds (and giving them names) in the morning as they descend upon the feeders. Great way to start their day!

Oh yeah...we'll get lots of robins once spring gets going (haven't seen a lot yet)!  I've seen the lawn just totally covered by them before.  Looks either like one of those "happy birthday" gags where someone litters your yard with those pink flamingoes (only with robins)...or something out of Hitchcock's "Birds"!

32 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Does this work?

Forum map

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Ah. Might I suggest something from our Panic Room catalog? For those survivors that want to be ready in case of a winter weenie zombie apocalypse.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bs42d5tmp5kn4mctynh

Does that thing shoot sleet pellets??  Or salt??  Might come in handy...

Ahhh, the Panic Room catalog.  A fine addition to each room, next to the room service menu!  I think I've seen you as one of the 3rd party sellers on Amazon, someone named "Lord High Executioner"?  I was looking for snow blowers at the time. :lol:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Oh yeah...we'll get lots of robins once spring gets going (haven't seen a lot yet)!  I've seen the lawn just totally covered by them before.  Looks either like one of those "happy birthday" gags where someone litters your yard with those pink flamingoes (only with robins)...or something out of Hitchcock's "Birds"!

We've seen some flocks of robins already, though we see plenty of randoms all year long.

Most interesting is when they pick clean the 35' holly tree in my front yard every fall. It's a flock that goes nuts for about a week in November until nearly every berry is gone. They left enough for two or three cedar waxwings who were passing through this year. :lol:

Pretty soon they'll be queueing up for worms and other critters...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You know, I really do try to fill the needs out there. Some of our best selling products are flamethrowers. Our crack team here consisted of residents at first. A lot of trial and error which unfortunately resulted in some getting treatment for minor burns:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bmme69uli4p6hxq0d7q

Eventually we got the formula right and now our snowman insert is a best seller! Even when it snows it’s good to be reminded the torch is never that far away.

giphy.gif

That top image looks like a fart-lighting contest gone awry!! :lol:

• Haha 1

I'll say this...the end-of-season map is going to lay bare how utterly frustrating this season has been for those within 10 miles NW of 95 - at least those of us in VA.

I don't think the grass on my front lawn has been fully covered once, and I actually cut it down pretty low for the last cut of the season.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic