Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

2 minutes ago, diatae said:

I think it's just my location for whatever reason. I don't feed them. I only put  milorganite on the lawn. We get lots of Orioles, Cardinals, and Blue Jays. To the point where I thought that was the norm for this region. 

I have seen orioles a couple or so times around, where I'm at.  Plenty of cardinals (cool and very stunning birds!)...in fact I've been hearing more cardinals sing lately.  Haven't seen many blue jays at all, but used to see a lot of them in northeast Ohio when I lived there.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, H2O said:

mmmmmmkay

No. Don’t do that. Make sure you are directing your posts at the right people. If you’re gonna say you don’t want us to post obs during a storm, then say that. If you’re gonna say don’t post storm totals in a storm thread, then say that. If you don’t want us to post seasonal totals in the totals thread, then say that. Not sure how MG would do the seasonal map without that last one though. But don’t come after everyone just because you’re pissed at someone else

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

I have seen orioles a couple or so times around, where I'm at.  Plenty of cardinals (cool and very stunning birds!)...in fact I've been hearing more cardinals sing lately.  Haven't seen many blue jays at all, but used to see a lot of them in northeast Ohio when I lived there.  

There was a Card nest in my Bradford pear tree. Mama pecked at herself in my window all last spring. Lol.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Reading the posts you’d think mount PSU has a climate similar to that of Labrador. Ice out on the lakes must be early June. Truly a harsh climate.

Seemed like he felt slighted in the February obs thread with pictures from the WV mountains so needed to chime in from his Siberian tundra ridge vs the surrounding deserts.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, diatae said:

I think it's just my location for whatever reason. I don't feed them. I only put  milorganite on the lawn. We get lots of Orioles, Cardinals, and Blue Jays. To the point where I thought that was the norm for this region. 

Cardinals and Blue Jays are common for my yard. I've never seen an Oriole - I'm pretty sure I had one living nearby a couple of years ago because I thought I kept hearing the call (not great at call identification), but I never actually saw it. 

• Like 1

Just now, H2O said:

He is to my North.  And west  

Then where is C MD from you? You separated them into two groups. You just don’t like it when somebody stands up to defend themselves and now you can’t step back and realize that what I said was correct. Had you just dropped it when I said “to be fair” it would have been over. But I guess fair is not the goal. 

1 minute ago, H2O said:

apparently some don't like some light trolling 

Nope. You’re not pinning this on me. It’s on you. Read the room has been thrown around here a lot this year. People were getting angry about posts being made. You decided to have a little fun with it but you lumped the wrong group in your meme. All I did was point that out. You wanted to continue. So here we are

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

Then where is C MD from you? You separated them into two groups. You just don’t like it when somebody stands up to defend themselves and now you can’t step back and realize that what I said was correct. Had you just dropped it when I said “to be fair” it would have been over. But I guess fair is not the goal. 

U serious?  You want to do this?  This is what you want to draw lines in the sand over?  

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

Nope. You’re not pinning this on me. It’s on you. Read the room has been thrown around here a lot this year. People were getting angry about posts being made. You decided to have a little fun with it but you lumped the wrong group in your meme. All I did was point that out. You wanted to continue. So here we are

You know what, eff it.  If this is what you need to do then fine, so be it.  I retract the "NW crew" from my light hearted meme and you can go about your day victorious.  Happy?  Or does this need to be protracted out more?

• Like 1

Just now, H2O said:

You know what, eff it.  If this is what you need to do then fine, so be it.  I retract the "NW crew" from my light hearted meme and you can go about your day victorious.  Happy?  Or does this need to be protracted out more?

No. It never had to go on in the first place. I don’t want to argue with you. You’re one of my favorite people here. But I don’t want to be lumped in as someone who rubs it others faces.

Lets just drop it. I just got defensive there.

22 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

I may have seen an oriole or two in my time, but it's exceedingly rare. Cardinals, for sure. Robins everywhere. Blue jays occasionally, but definitely not more than maybe a nesting pair at the same time.

We've had all kinds of birds at our feeders this winter - probably moreso than any other year. The kids really like watching the birds (and giving them names) in the morning as they descend upon the feeders. Great way to start their day!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I may have seen an oriole or two in my time, but it's exceedingly rare. Cardinals, for sure. Robins everywhere. Blue jays occasionally, but definitely not more than maybe a nesting pair at the same time.

We've had all kinds of birds at our feeders this winter - probably moreso than any other year. The kids really like watching the birds (and giving them names) in the morning as they descend upon the feeders. Great way to start their day!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an oriole. What is their native range? Do they frequent wet areas?

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an oriole. What is their native range? Do they frequent wet areas?

I think we're smack in their range, but I know I never really see them. Maybe they stick to specific areas like you mentioned - wetlands, certain kinds of trees, etc.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

No. It never had to go on in the first place. I don’t want to argue with you. You’re one of my favorite people here. But I don’t want to be lumped in as someone who rubs it others faces.

Lets just drop it. I just got defensive there.

My apologies for that.  You don't

• Like 1

Just now, LP08 said:

I think I can speak for most that I have had my fill of 30 degree "winter precipitation".  

Yup. I was just about to post that this winter has really sucked because of the "frozen precip" this year. Watching other folks only 40-50 miles away get raked time and time again makes it even that much more miserable.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic