Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, H2O said:

I'm ready for warmer weather.  Might as well and prepping the lawn equip sounds good to me

Had to drive to Fredericksburg yesterday for a show for the youngest Miss J. As we headed South the snow pack disappeared. Arrived at the show and could actually see grass and it was 42. Put me in an entirely different mood. Drove home to return to Frederick with snow still covering fields and lawns. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I have been here 11 years and still cannot manage to see an oriole in the wild (baseball player or bird). Do you put something in your lawn, on your trees, or in feeders to attract them? The birds that is. Not the players. 

They like riparian (woods + fresh water) environments. If there are sycamore trees, there will be orioles. We have 2 regular species, Northern Oriole, and Orchard Oriole. The latter can frequent marshes as well.

• Like 1

I used to do this thing back before debit cards where no matter the amount of the check I wrote, when I recorded it I always wrote it to the next dollar amount. Like if I wrote a check for $12.23 it went into the register as $13. At the end of the month, I would always have a surplus of money left.

Just felt that this analogy was relevant. Lol

Just now, H2O said:

I have rain mixing with the salt on the roads.  Does that count?

Did you diligently measure before the mix/change over, and clear your salt board?  That's the correct method.  I only need 2.5" more salt to pass 30" for the year!  Maybe we can get one more brining event in March...

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I used to do this thing back before debit cards where no matter the amount of the check I wrote, when I recorded it I always wrote it to the next dollar amount. Like if I wrote a check for $12.23 it went into the register as $13. At the end of the month, I would always have a surplus of money left.

Just felt that this analogy was relevant. Lol

And when you round literally every transaction up to the nearest dollar, you end up with a total that is often significantly different than reality.

• Like 1

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Mattie. To be fair you crapped on the main thread with your " I got some snow and rain is going to wash away my slop anyway " post then you attacked a guy for mentioning where the mix line was early  this morning . Every storm multiple posts are made about the mix line. It's a weather forum storm mode thread . I'm sorry but you were out of line 

Hey outta here highlander!  This is a DC/FFX-south bitch thread now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Mattie. To be fair you crapped on the main thread with your " I got some snow and rain is going to wash away my slop anyway " post then you attacked a guy for mentioning where the mix line was early  this morning . Every storm multiple posts are made about the mix line. It's a weather forum storm mode thread . I'm sorry but you were out of line 

I didn't crap on it. I stated that it didn't matter how much I got because the rain would wash it away. Congrats to those who saw good snow this morning, but those of us "down here" knew full well that we'd flip - we didn't need someone who has a penchant for football-spiking to reiterate it, no matter how well-meaning that post was claimed to be.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

I have been here 11 years and still cannot manage to see an oriole in the wild (baseball player or bird). Do you put something in your lawn, on your trees, or in feeders to attract them? The birds that is. Not the players. 

I think it's just my location for whatever reason. I don't feed them. I only put  milorganite on the lawn. We get lots of Orioles, Cardinals, and Blue Jays. To the point where I thought that was the norm for this region. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic