Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, snowfan said:

I need some new coffee recommendations. Must be ground, darker the better.

Anyone use some of the coffee subscription services where you get a different variety w each delivery?

My Colombian husband will only allow Aguila Roja in our home. We usually get it when we or family go down to Cali. On the rare occasion we run out, I have purchased here for an arm and a leg:

https://www.amigofoods.com/agroca500grs.html

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

Prepare for everyone in NoVA to be offended by this but....

NoVA feels to me a lot like Long Island.  It looks similar with the strip malls and divided highways.  The houses look the same.  The traffic is comparable. The population density is comparable.   The people that live there seem like they used to live in the big city and sort of carry that big city attitude with them just like Long Island. 

I'll see myself out now :ph34r:

No offense here, you won't get an argument out of me...although in fairness I've visited many parts of the close-in MD 'burbs that also perfectly match your description. Welcome to Megalopolis.  :)

5 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

No offense here, you won't get an argument out of me...although in fairness I've visited many parts of the close-in MD 'burbs that also perfectly match your description. Welcome to Megalopolis.  :)

Agreed.

I’m from South Jersey and will identify as such for the rest of my life. I always compare the neighborhood I now live in with a few towns hear where I grew up - the similarities are obvious. Suburbs are often very similar in the nearer-coastal regions between VA and NY, with the dates of build playing an especially important role in how they look and feel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snowfan said:

Anyone use some of the coffee subscription services where you get a different variety w each delivery?

Oh yes, let's do the craft beer thing but with coffee. Not more snobbish, is it? Interested in recs, too. I've been going through Peets and am impressed. My favorite is Italian Roast, just the perfect smooth dark roast imo. I don't always love french roasts but Peet's is excellent. Their Major Dickason's blend (also dark) seems like the most popular but not as much my cup of...coffee.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kay said:

Oh yes, let's do the craft beer thing but with coffee. Not more snobbish, is it? Interested in recs, too. I've been going through Peets and am impressed. My favorite is Italian Roast, just the perfect smooth dark roast imo. I don't always love french roasts but Peet's is excellent. Their Major Dickason's blend (also dark) seems like the most popular but not as much my cup of...coffee.

I agree...Peets is some good coffee!  Their Holiday blend is good too, if you ever had that during the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diatae said:

My Colombian husband will only allow Aguila Roja in our home. We usually get it when we or family go down to Cali. On the rare occasion we run out, I have purchased here for an arm and a leg:

https://www.amigofoods.com/agroca500grs.html

This is getting spooky.  My sig other is from......Colombia.  Cartagena.  Thankfully, I'm the only one that likes coffee.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Agreed.

I’m from South Jersey and will identify as such for the rest of my life. I always compare the neighborhood I now live in with a few towns hear where I grew up - the similarities are obvious. Suburbs are often very similar in the nearer-coastal regions between VA and NY, with the dates of build playing an especially important role in how they look and feel.

Had a lot of college friends from the Philly, south Jersey (even northern MD) areas. Spent my first 20 years growing up in PA, and now 30+ years in VA...yet even after all this time, the latter still doesn't feel like "home" as much as the former. I guess those initial roots never die out.

3 hours ago, snowfan said:

I'm gonna give you a hot tip on this one.  Charleston Coffee Roasters.  It's the only brand I buy now, really really good coffee (it's premium priced but I stock up when it goes on sale either month).  Drinking their French Roast right now, but I prefer their Kiawah Dark Roast.  Available at Harris Teeter, at least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

Agreed.

Growing up in Takoma Park back when it used to be PG county we used to say Virginia was where you could get the good drugs.....crack is whack

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

The spring thread will be waiting for you after both miss dc. 

I unfortunately feel like we're heading into a grey area between both Spring and wintry threats for DC. Not getting invested in next week's threat, but at the same time the GFS has 0 days above 60 through the entire run. Ugh. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

I sense the Reaper is running out of space in the Panic Room and may need to resort to makeshift outdoor portables by the end of this upcoming week!

I think The Reaper needs to open up a side joint featuring S&M, for all the pain we put ourselves through! Who's ready for next week? 

6 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

I unfortunately feel like we're heading into a grey area between both Spring and wintry threats for DC. Not getting invested in next week's threat, but at the same time the GFS has 0 days above 60 through the entire run. Ugh. 

I’ll even take sunny and average given that’ll be 50+ in less than a week.

• Like 2

This honestly might be the most impressive DC'ing I've ever seen. A stat which features the company of not only 2010, but also 2003 and 1899 in the department of accumulating snowfall events, in February no less! Without much context that looks incredibly encouraging, but obviously fails to meet that mark lol. How would we have reacted if before this winter we were told that DC would have tallied more accumulating snow events in the month of February than 2010?? 

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

So average late Feb and March weather for a change.  

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic