Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

Since I don’t know what anyone looks like I always just picture people as their avatars.  Like I don’t even know what some people’s avatars actually are but they become the image of that particular poster. So you basically are Beethoven in my mind. 

Right... So I have a bias to picture people as their username. As an example, here is mappy...

image.png.e02af377e2285223f9ed73877ca5002a.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, cbmclean said:

In my Head i picture everyone as their profile pic.  Stormtraker let IS Beethoven.  You are Bob Dylan.  Mrs. J is Mrs. Slocombe be from Are you being served.  Maestrobjw be is a sentient treble cleff.  I get disappointed when I see peoples real pics and they look nothing like I pictured them.

Eta: Just noticed someone else Ninja-ed me.

Wow we had the same thought within like a half hour of each other.  Kinda weird!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbmclean said:

In my Head i picture everyone as their profile pic.  Stormtraker let IS Beethoven.  You are Bob Dylan.  Mrs. J is Mrs. Slocombe be from Are you being served.  Maestrobjw be is a sentient treble cleff.  I get disappointed when I see peoples real pics and they look nothing like I pictured them.

Eta: Just noticed someone else Ninja-ed me.

I love that you know who Mrs Slocombe from Are You Being Served is. I have in the past had a turquoise peacock stripe in my hair. May have to get it done again as I lurch towards 50. :whistle:

2 hours ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

Since I don’t know what anyone looks like I always just picture people as their avatars.  Like I don’t even know what some people’s avatars actually are but they become the image of that particular poster. So you basically are Beethoven in my mind. 

I'm fine with that.  I've had the same avatar since Wright weather BB.  Then Easternuswx and now.  It'll never change (except for MLK birthday).   I hated classical music before (white people music!!)..but then I accidentally found myself listening to Beethoven's 9th (there was nothing else to listen to and I found an old CD in my desk drawer of his 9th)....and from that point on, I fell in love with classical music.  

Lesson is to always have an open mind and heart.

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

I love that you know who Mrs Slocombe from Are You Being Served is. I have in the past had a turquoise peacock stripe in my hair. May have to get it done again as I lurch towards 50. :whistle:

That catchy theme song with cash register effects us running through my head right now.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

Wow we had the same thought within like a half hour of each other.  Kinda weird!

I think Ji may be one if the few exceptions.  I've seen pictures if him before but in my head I still picture him as looking somewhat like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.  Not sure why.

Just now, snowfan said:

I havent tried. Lately, I've been trying different brews from Baltimore coffee and tea co.

We really like Zeke’s Armistead Blend from South America and Indonesia. I sound like a coffee snob but I’m not. I’m just reading the package right now. My gf got a burr under her saddle a few months ago and went nuts buying a new grinder and coffeemaker so I’m just along for the ride.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic