Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

22 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

Blast from the past!

Maybe, just maybe this could happen soon?!

28 years ago next month, and yes it was a sleetfest but the frontside thump was crazy.  And the wind!

Biggest thing was the pressure - 966Mb for us.  Verified on both digital and mercury column barometers!  Incredible!

Now you’re going to get me all tingly inside

48 minutes ago, CAPE said:

He is going to the one place where he might be able to rediscover his former self. And he won't be getting killed every play behind a shit OL.

As for the poster formerly known as HiZ (by me) I am guessing Hurtsadelphia will be the new screen name, unoriginal as that is.

Philadelphia sports teams deserve as much shit as can possibly be piled on them 

Fell on my ass while shoveling around the cars. The cleared portion of the driveway was totally iced up, went to step and push off to shovel behind my car and slipped and fell. Didn’t realize how sore it was until after I finished, came inside, made dinner then went to sit down. Ouch. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

Fell on my ass while shoveling around the cars. The cleared portion of the driveway was totally iced up, went to step and push off to shovel behind my car and slipped and fell. Didn’t realize how sore it was until after I finished, came inside, made dinner then went to sit down. Ouch. 

But my honey garlic pork chops with asparagus was delicious 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, mappy said:

The fact you made dinner after that is very impressive. My wife would have had me make it (and do a terrible job) or order takeout. I hope you are feeling ok. 

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

:(

:lol:

So weird. I knew you weren’t melanin-challenged, but it’s so funny to know that the (physical) image you had in your head of certain people wasn’t quite spot on.

In my Head i picture everyone as their profile pic.  Stormtraker let IS Beethoven.  You are Bob Dylan.  Mrs. J is Mrs. Slocombe be from Are you being served.  Maestrobjw be is a sentient treble cleff.  I get disappointed when I see peoples real pics and they look nothing like I pictured them.

Eta: Just noticed someone else Ninja-ed me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, mappy said:

You should have gone foraging for tundra boots or thermal boots.  Then you would have not slipped  

Sorry it hurts.  Feel better

1 hour ago, Shady Grove said:

Can we all just get together and have a Pot Luck @Mrs.J's, she's always making something tasty?

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Exactly what I was thinking. BYO Beverage and dish to share.

Thanks all :)

currently the snow removal for our neighborhood is having a blast with the little front end loader on my square. Live in the way back of the neighborhood where the townhomes are. As our road is not cleared by the county we pay to have it cleared. Always a way better job as when we get to the start of our street with the single family homes there is usually a one lane pass by plows. Clearing out the end of the drives as well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

In my Head i picture everyone as their profile pic.  Stormtraker let IS Beethoven.  You are Bob Dylan.  Mrs. J is Mrs. Slocombe be from Are you being served.  Maestrobjw be is a sentient treble cleff.  I get disappointed when I see peoples real pics and they look nothing like I pictured them.

I def don’t look like Hedley 

8 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

The fact you made dinner after that is very impressive. My wife would have had me make it (and do a terrible job) or order takeout. I hope you are feeling ok. 

Ha! Didn’t realize how much it hurt until I sat down to eat. 

Just now, H2O said:

You should have gone foraging for tundra boots or thermal boots.  Then you would have not slipped  

Sorry it hurts.  Feel better

Gotta hit the mines first next time. Thanks, friend.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Funny because I picture you as a brown circle with a white letter C in the middle of it. Go figure.

Just now, KAOS said:

The honey garlic pork cops sound delicious... but I would pass on the asparagus.

I am not a very good cook, but I do try. Very simple recipe so I nailed it lol 

brussel sprouts could be good with it too, that honey glaze, with a touch of cayenne pepper, was top notch. 

• Like 2

Careful, falling is one thing and we laugh like stoned hyenas when we're alright...

I remember taking a walk to the mailbox and everything seemed OK down to the last 10 feet or so.  I knew I was in big trouble and could do nothing about it.  Wiggle left, wiggle right, do the Watusi while sliding downhill picking up speed.  Like the first time on skis not knowing how to slow down you intentionally fall to stop.  Except this time I fell backward and smacked the back of my head on a gravel road.  Back of my head looked like a strawberry.  That really sucked!

• Sad 2

Just now, Stormfly said:

Careful, falling is one thing and we laugh like stoned hyenas when we're alright...

I remember taking a walk to the mailbox and everything seemed OK down to the last 10 feet or so.  I knew I was in big trouble and could do nothing about it.  Wiggle left, wiggle right, do the Watusi while sliding downhill picking up speed.  Like the first time on skis not knowing how to slow down you intentionally fall to stop.  Except this time I fell backward and smacked the back of my head on a gravel road.  Back of my head looked like a strawberry.  That really sucked!

Ouch! I knew I was gonna fall so just let it happen without really trying to brace myself, figured my fat ass could take the brunt without risking hurting a wrist or something instead :lol:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, mappy said:

Fixed...

22 minutes ago, mappy said:

Butt my honey garlic pork chops with asparagus was delicious 

See what I did there? :lol:

• Haha 3

I have really good balance on towers, trees, high places and get called all kinds of <insert expletive here> crazy for it.

But slipping on ice and having zero control?  It scares the hell out of me!

Now seeing someone fall, it's impossible not to laugh because it just looks funny.  Of course if in person I have to at least make sure they are alright. ;)

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

I hear ya - I do exactly the same.

I don’t really look a ton like Dylan, but I’d like to think that being viewed as a young version of him is a good thing!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic