Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

7 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

No different that white weather geeks.  I mean, we're ALL weird people who get excited about frozen water falling from the sky.

I'm currently drinking wine and watching battle bots. But I was also a cheerleader and a sorority girl. So, 6 and half a dozen I suppose.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I wasn't alive at this time, but I've heard of this.  Kinda weird to see.  But I guess you gotta try to catch that fire while it's hot.  

Yeah, you'd probably look at it now and find it a little cringe-y, in terms of story lines and animation quality...but seven-year old me loved the goofy stories, plus it was a great gateway drug to their music, which was (and remains) unparalleled. I remember standing in front of the TV, trying to dance like Marlon, Jackie & Michael do in the cartoon. Probably a little weird...but certainly no worse than the typical crap you see on TikTok today.  :)

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Great happy hour! I’m extending and splitting a Hysteria Trash Panda with my girl.

I’ll take the lead on a late summer picnic. I gotta meet more of you clowns.

Just looked up THAT beer. Wow, you guys are indeed enjoying one helluva happy hour...good stuff.  :) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

I can't believe they got a 2nd and a 3rd for him. 

He is going to the one place where he might be able to rediscover his former self. And he won't be getting killed every play behind a shit OL.

As for the poster formerly known as HiZ (by me) I am guessing Hurtsadelphia will be the new screen name, unoriginal as that is.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lowershoresadness said:

always wanted to ask, why is your profile pic of president andrew jackson??

16 minutes ago, EHoffman said:

LOL that's Beethoven

Wait. So you mean it was Beethoven who won the battle of New Orleans?? I'm so confused! Was that before or after Andrew Jackson wrote his 9th symphony? 

:lol::lol::lol:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, stormtracker said:

It does take a lot of you, but you gotta do just one more.   We're getting the band back together for one more tour.

I will consider it.... as long as you promise not to shoot me in the face. :gun_bandana:

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, diatae said:

Who was also of the negroid persuasion per one of my fav conspiracy theories.

I remember hearing something like that awhile back and just googled it. I found an NPR take on it that I’ll have to listen to later.

Right now it’s 80’s music in the garage brewery and finishing happy hour with a no pun intended Black Flag Cranberry Lime Ginger Sour. Splitting brews is the way to go.

• Like 2

I have noticed some crazy stuff here over the last 24 hours (probably more). Maybe it was always the case and I didn't notice it? For example, a poster comes into the banter thread and accuses another member of "backing him up in a parking lot"... like this is the Soprano's Weather Gang Forum. Then gets butt hurt when people start making godfather references (in jest). Anyway, very strange. Shortly afterwards another user posts warnings in a huge ass font that takes 5 minutes to scroll through. Followed by warnings for all 50 states from yet another user. Then you have posters running victory laps in the main thread like we are at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. And of course the obvious reactions it generates. Meanwhile, other posters are bitching about the format and structure of the forum. Then there are the issues with people bringing up things that are not really weather related which people might find divisive or offensive. And it goes on and on... 

Perhaps it is the shitty run of winters we have been having over the last several years... and a crappy season this year. But it just seems that this type of "behavior"  has become more prevalent than it was in the past. Just my observation or perceived perception.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic