Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, ravensrule said:

I remember that. I’m so sorry. How are you handling things. How are the kids doing. Life really sucks sometimes. Congratulations on the 26 miles, I don’t think I could do 2.6 miles. Good for you. 

Kids are good, I’m good.  I feel like I’m doing as well as someone could.  It’s one of those things in life that you have no control over so there’s no point in letting it completely ruin your present.  Of course I think about her all the time but she would be happy to see me happy and doing well with the kids. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

So I tried to shovel a section of the sidewalk and all that was left was a sheet of ice.  It’s more slippery than it was before.  Better just to leave it?

Tough call...faced the same decision two hours ago. I'd say about 75% of what we cleared was mostly pavement, 25% was still death-defying ice underneath that wasn't coming up. So, yeah -- I'd probably recommend clearing what you can, because it's going down to the high 20s tonight in our part of the area.

37 minutes ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

Kids are good, I’m good.  I feel like I’m doing as well as someone could.  It’s one of those things in life that you have no control over so there’s no point in letting it completely ruin your present.  Of course I think about her all the time but she would be happy to see me happy and doing well with the kids. 

I'm so happy to hear that. I love your attitude. Keep that up. Unfortunately the only thing that usually helps is time and even then it's exceedingly difficult. Stay strong and keep up your amazing attitude. Please let us know if you do a full marathon. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

I'm so happy to hear that. I love your attitude. Keep that up. Unfortunately the only thing that usually helps is time and even then it's exceedingly difficult. Stay strong and keep up your amazing attitude. Please let us know if you do a full marathon. 

Hahaha that was a full marathon! 26.2

• Like 1

Just now, stormtracker said:

No different that white weather geeks.  I mean, we're ALL weird people who get excited about frozen water falling from the sky.

:(

:lol:

So weird. I knew you weren’t melanin-challenged, but it’s so funny to know that the (physical) image you had in your head of certain people wasn’t quite spot on.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic