Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

5 minutes ago, H2O said:

I appreciate you saying what you have the last couple posts. I can do my part and give you a chance to come off as a someone who wants to post and have fun while not making it uncomfortable for others. I don’t need to be so contentious with you and drag things down. 

We might not be best buds but I don’t have to always be unkind towards you. 

Thank you I really appreciate that. I honestly think if we knew each other in person and not over some weather board we would actually get along very well. Believe it or not I actually have other interests besides sex. 

• Like 1

Totally unrelated to the current drama but I did a marathon yesterday.  As some of you know I lost my wife last summer and now I’m a single parent of two small kids.  Running has been the thing that keeps me sane.  There were no real races to do so I just did my own marathon at east Potomac park. I did it totally unsupported and used my car as the aid station. I’ve never done a race before but this was really fun!  I want to do a real one now!

D6B34489-BE7C-4DD3-A414-4F1F98378FD7.jpeg

• Like 23

2 minutes ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

Totally unrelated to the current drama but I did a marathon yesterday.  As some of you know I lost my wife last summer and now I’m a single parent of two small kids.  Running has been the thing that keeps me sane.  There were no real races to do so I just did my own marathon at east Potomac park. I did it totally unsupported and used my car as the aid station. I’ve never done a race before but this was really fun!  I want to do a real one now!

Way to go, man!  And I didn’t realize you had changed your screen name (I think?).  You should register for one of the larger marathon lotteries...you never know and could get selected.  We’re here rooting you on.

• Like 4

Just now, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

I remember that. I’m so sorry. How are you handling things. How are the kids doing. Life really sucks sometimes. Congratulations on the 26 miles, I don’t think I could do 2.6 miles. Good for you. 

• Like 2

Just now, nj2va said:

Way to go, man!  And I didn’t realize you had changed your screen name (I think?).  You should register for one of the larger marathon lotteries...you never know and could get selected.  We’re here rooting you on.

Correct. He used to be DC Teacherman. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

That's awesome, man!  Congrats!  Especially given how cold it was.  And cool you're on Strava...I use that for my bike riding, though haven't done much of that in the past couple of months, LOL!

I knew a couple of people who did marathons, hard core runners.  I could never do that distance, certainly not my age right now.  But years ago when I was in Atlanta, I did participate in the 10K Peachtree Road Race a few years (held on July 4 every year), which was actually fun!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Forced to look at warm noses on a large screen for hours on end!!

Image result for clockwork orange eyes open gif

Yikes at that movie.  I think it's on Netflix now if anyone wants to hum Singing in the Rain every time you see a bar fight.

11 minutes ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

Dude!  That's awesome!  Congratulations!  Heckuva time especially for on your own!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

I remember reading this last summer -- and couldn't then, and still can't, imagine that level of loss. I'm so sorry. However -- well, well done on your running achievements! My running days are long behind me, but I miss that particular form of exercise -- and I love to hear success stories like this. Good on you!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

Really happy for you. What an accomplishment! A marathon distance is unfathomable to me. Hope things are getting better. As @ravensrule said, life can F****** suck sometimes. I have to ask... how were you able to get up to that distance? I can run a few miles but it never feels like I can break out of that distance. Anything you did to get up to that point? 

Again, that's insanely impressive. Congrats! Hope you can run an official one soon. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

That’s amazing! Running can be so therapeutic.

I’m sorry for your loss. I used to run every evening when I was struggling with my own happiness, and I still make a point of putting in laps on hard days. Exercise is just great for the brain, but I also think it feels good to know you got something concrete done. 

18 minutes ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

We all have that thing that keeps us sane. So glad you found running to be that thing. And showing your kids that is a good thing also. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wxtrix said:

you haven't been treated unfairly. you have been criticized because you barged in here and started annoying people. and when people gently and humorously pointed that out, you doubled down.

Nah it's clearly been just about two or three of you. You've chosen to ignore the others who have corroborated my feelings. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic