Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I said I was wrong.  I was being optimistic.  Oh well.  You were right...now move on.  Or continue to post again and again and again about it, it's not like your popularity can go down much so what's it matter.  I am done.  

You want to say you're over it, then attack me again.  I couldn't care less about my popularity, nor whether I'm right. I've made this painfully clear yet you keep weaponizing it, evading the entire point I was getting across. It's frankly depressing. 

• Like 3
  • Weenie 2

1 minute ago, EHoffman said:

Is it sad that this doesn't even register to me as an enormous bust? I mean people on here are calling it an all time area wide bust but seems pretty standard to me, maybe even better than most busts in this area.

You are looking at way too many busts. Please control yourself. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

You want to say you're over it, then attack me again.  I couldn't care less about my popularity, nor whether I'm right. I've made this painfully clear yet you keep weaponizing it, evading the entire point I was getting across. It's frankly depressing. 

you would be the expert so I will defer to you.  Good day 

2 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

you got pushback last night because you post waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much because it's the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Okay show me the repeated posts. More baseless accusations, and a total disregard for the malignances I point out. I'll try to post less if it's not insightful enough for you. But again, you're totally ignoring the problem and extremely biased. I don't really take this seriously because no one has acknowledged a single thing I've laid out clearly and thoughtfully. 

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

Okay show me the repeated posts. More baseless accusations, and a total disregard for the malignances I point out. I'll try to post less if it's not insightful enough for you. But again, you're totally ignoring the problem and extremely biased. I don't really take this seriously because no one has acknowledged a single thing I've laid out clearly and thoughtfully. 

Dude whether you are right or wrong who cares. Just drop it. It’s a stupid weather board. I have been here since the beginning and according to @mappy nobody likes me. I could really give two shits because I know in real life a lot more people like me than her. Internet message boards are not exactly the domain of popular people. I’m sure in real life you are a great guy. Just drop it and forget it. You will never win regardless. 

Just now, wxtrix said:

lol. you take yourself waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

also, what are "malignances"?

And you're constantly hostile to everyone but a select few. We all have our faults. I'm just trying to politely point out how I've been treated unfairly, because it happens to far more people than the number that speaks up. Membership numbers speak for themselves. 

:google:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ravensrule said:

Dude whether you are right or wrong who cares. Just drop it. It’s a stupid weather board. I have been here since the beginning and according to @mappy nobody likes me. I could really give two shits because I know in real life a lot more people like me than her. Internet message boards are not exactly the domain of popular people. I’m sure in real life you are a great guy. Just drop it and forget it. You will never win regardless. 

Very true. My biggest flaw is not being able to tolerate hypocritical behavior and people who only try to protect their own interests. And to @mappy 's credit, I do take it too seriously (which is quite the opposite of taking myself too seriously). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Reading the rest of the post, it only gets worse. Moderators of this sub chastised me for being gloomy about last night's NAM. One of which said, and I quote, "Is there another side to this record?" So now you're twisting my assertion that those criticisms are totally baseless. Is it not possible that you're lacking context? So yes, when you respond saying that I'm gloating, it's simply ridiculous. Meanwhile, you're doing your best to cover your own *ss about your own calls last night. How do I respond? Politely, mentioning that you were letting your hope for us getting snow influence your decision, which I would hardly call a bitter criticism. What did I do after that? I suggested that I don't care who's right. What did you do? Double down that I was posting everywhere gloating. Again, show me where I've been 'gloating' and I'll be happy to reflect further. On the contrary, I was pointing out that people within the culture of exclusivity treat others differently.  

Now you're going on and on about your own call, which is 100% irrelevant, and proving my point about your projection. I don't care about that. I made one simple point that was somewhat tongue in cheek because you were rooting for us to get snow. 

You're digging yourself a deeper hole, and there's absolutely no way you're going to bully me into silence. You're simply treating me different than you would treat 'original' members. It's clear. If you maintain the culture of exclusivity, I will push back against it. It provides a disincentive for people to participate. That's why you have trolls, and furthermore, accuse people of being a troll who might not be--which was precisely how I was treated the very minute I stepped in here upon moving back to this area. 

Next time, just mention me by name or at me. No need to be passive aggressive.   I didn't say that because you were dooming and glooming...but you were going on ad nauseam about it, and people noticed, trust me.  We got it the first 100 times you said it.  Your position was well known.   But congrats on making the difficult call of erring on the side of fail in a subforum not known for it.  Gutsy call. 

• Like 4

Just now, stormtracker said:

Next time, just mention me by name or at me. No need to be passive aggressive.   I didn't say that because you were dooming and glooming...but you were going on ad nauseam about it, and people noticed, trust me.  We got it the first 100 times you said it.  Your position was well known.   But congrats on making the difficult call of erring on the side of fail in a subforum not known for it.  Gutsy call. 

I appreciate it, but as mentioned don't care about being right. Just that some people are silenced/treated as inferiors here and I find it frustrating. But I understand if I'm posting too much. I'll rein it in. 

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

careful apparently he fells persecuted!  

Help! I'm Being Repressed! (Short Version) - YouTube

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Very true. My biggest flaw is not being able to tolerate hypocritical behavior and people who only try to protect their own interests. And to @mappy 's credit, I do take it too seriously (which is quite the opposite of taking myself too seriously). 

It’s all good. If this was happening in real life it would be concerning. Here meh. 

2 minutes ago, diatae said:

Yay I helped! Lol. My obs are mostly sleet. Fun times.

Nothing but sleet here where I'm at, too.  Since there was no snow, I now kinda wish we had really gotten a sleet bomb with banding and heavy rates, with 2-3" of ball bearings accumulating.  That would have been something to experience!  As it is, maybe close to 1" total, but it did cover everything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

I for one respect your rant and it reminds me of when I went off the deep end before my post count was even at 100, sometime back in the terrible 2016-2017 winter. It's best to just ignore and most importantly try not to participate in the chatter amongst the regulars here, rules don't apply to them. @ravensrule said it right, you can't win. Stay for the lolz, but if gets stressful, check out for a bit and ignore the high post counters

• Like 2

Just now, Paleocene said:

I for one respect your rant and it reminds me of when I went off the deep end before my post count was even at 100, sometime back in the terrible 2016-2017 winter. It's best to just ignore and most importantly try not to participate in the chatter amongst the regulars here, rules don't apply to them. @ravensrule said it right, you can't win. Stay for the lolz, but if gets stressful, check out for a bit and ignore the high post counters

2 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

It’s all good. If this was happening in real life it would be concerning. Here meh. 

All true this will be the last post on it. Internet brings out the worst in us sometimes. Appreciate the understanding though. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, EHoffman said:

Is it sad that this doesn't even register to me as an enormous bust? I mean people on here are calling it an all time area wide bust but seems pretty standard to me, maybe even better than most busts in this area.

Honestly I don't personally consider this a bust at all. Just because some group predicts significant snowfall doesn't mean it is a likely outcome. Organizations that forecast weather do what they do for whatever reason, but there was never going back a week a high likelihood of significant snow around DC. Never.

11 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

Says it’s a stupid weather board but stays and then says he is more popular than another while saying said board is full of unpopular people. Too funny. 

And mappy is a much better person than you. 

Just now, haudidoody said:

Honestly I don't personally consider this a bust at all. Just because some group predicts significant snowfall doesn't mean it is a likely outcome. Organizations that forecast weather do what they do for whatever reason, but there was never going back a week a high likelihood of significant snow around DC. Never.

Same, I'm having a blast with this storm either way. I have mountains of frozen ball bearings that still having been cleared from the parking lot and have not melted a single bit.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic