Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

35 minutes ago, H2O said:

Yes. It started cause some try to skirt rules and get super upset when it isn’t allowed. Then a couple people felt the need to chime in and that’s when it went doo doo.  Randy going all Goodfellas was his was of diffusing the situation. He did make me stuff the ICON in my underwear to hide it from the cops

I was half asleep reading the AmWx version of GoodFellas and laughing until it hit me, "This dude thinks Randy really means what he's quoting from GF." Then it became a surreal, downhill-fast ride. I think @North Balti Zen chalked the poster in question up to intentionally dense vs. societal failure? I'm going with the latter.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tar Heel Snow said:

Yeah after being disappointed by many a North Carolina storm, I’ve learned that when the NAM sniffs out a warm nose to never doubt it. I’d hoped maybe DC’s climo would maybe make up for some of it, but oof. I’ve learned my lesson again for a new place!

Guess I have to move to Canada. 

But yeah, the dryness is very frustrating. 

Yeah, not sure you heard, DC climate is Atlanta’s from the 1980’s now.

11 minutes ago, Tar Heel Snow said:

Yeah after being disappointed by many a North Carolina storm, I’ve learned that when the NAM sniffs out a warm nose to never doubt it. I’d hoped maybe DC’s climo would maybe make up for some of it, but oof. I’ve learned my lesson again for a new place!

Guess I have to move to Canada. 

But yeah, the dryness is very frustrating. 

Oh sweet summer child...

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

At least Winchester is cashing in, there was that one run where it seemed like I-95 area might not get hosed but that meant they might lose .1 qpf and I was so worried for them.

Pepperidge farms remembers one poster from around that area going on and on about precip cutting back and which model would be right. I hope he is ok this morning. 

Just now, mattie g said:

I wish I could selectively put some folks on ignore during these kinds of storms so I don't have to see their obs.

Things I Need To Work On Today:

1. Ignoring numerous obs per hour from Union Bridge members
  2. Ignoring posts from Union Bridge members sharing their extended family/friends' obs (who may or may not live outside the sub's reach)
  3. Ignoring posts from Union Bridge members predicting what the conditions are going to be like in other sub members' locations
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

2. Ignoring posts from Union Bridge members sharing their extended family/friends' obs (who may or may not live outside the sub's reach)
  3. Ignoring posts from Union Bridge members predicting what the conditions are going to be like in other sub members' locations

Was he the one that reported that his twice-removed great auntie got 40” in Labrador?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

This really annoyed me a couple storms ago. There's nearly nothing more disheartening than to get obs/pics from places 150 miles away that are getting crushed while I drizzle.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, T. August said:

This storm hurt. I thought it was a lock for like 2-3” for the 95 peeps. Virtually every model showed .5” of frozen precip.

the warm layer coming in sooner def caught everyone off guard. figured we'd all be good for a few inches before the flip. 

• Sad 1

Just now, H2O said:

As much as I’m trying to not get bummed by lack of snow seeing obs after obs of snow is...a bummer. 

I told myself to enjoy what falls so gotta stick to that. Could be a good idea to go do other stuff for a while. Good luck to those in the same boat!

Meh, you're allowed to be bummed, frustrated, pissed off.  I am.  It's not like I live in the deep south.  I should be able to get a nice snowstorm or two a year.  This is just complete infuriating nonsense. 

• Like 2

Rain here in Eason and 28. I guess it's freezing on elevated surfaces, but its been super light. The drive in was annoying only because of all the folks driving 40 mph on over brined, over salted, wet roads. 

I was getting sleet drizzle(slizzle?) mixed with snizzle and freezing drizzle when I left my house.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic