Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2021

George BM

1 minute ago, vastateofmind said:

Again, I'm not typically a fruity-beer dude, but that strawberry/pomegranate sour ale sounds intriguing.

Neither am I, as I have said before... I like beer in my beer. But now I am slightly intrigued.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I was over visiting @Scraff's parking lot oasis last week and had a couple of beers from Ten Eyck and they were both amazing.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to try the Bicycle Face, but I think he said they are in Queenstown near the outlet center so I'm going to have to make a trip there.  Maybe meet up with @CAPE again for a couple.

Whenever you guys want to meet up....I’m all for it! My parking lot oasis is cool. Or over at Ten Eyck. Whatever. I’m flexible. And by the way—like sending pictures of snow covered decks—obligatory beer fridge shot for you. Lots of of goodies. Milk? Land o Lakes? Whipped cream?  I have Tofu for you vegans as well. :lol:

985CC2F6-AE13-42E6-A626-B42C7E342524.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mdhokie said:

Do you have a portable saw mill by any chance? A couple years ago I had a guy from up your way mill a couple oaks that I had taken down. Made some good furniture with them!

My neighbor does.  I would love to get some wood out of these oaks but they all suffer from rot and it's hard to get anything decent.  Lots of pine, elm, hickory and maple.  I'm getting too old to split with an axe, may have to cobble up some parts and build a 40 ton splitting machine!

And ditto on the wood heat.  I have a pellet insert but its on the wrong floor and winds up putting heat in the wrong places.

I'm going to put a big Osburn in the basement and let 'er rip!  It's funny how 85F feels like hell in the summer but so cozy in the winter.

I haven't looked at the recent run but did something happen?  Looks like we went from 7-8" down to 5.5".  If this turns into a sleet bomb I'm gonna lose it!

Still showing the DC-Bowie-Crofton-Crownsville-Annapolis-Cape area screwjob I see. I've seen this claw "minima" for the past few days per some of the model runs (multiple models). I get that there's potentially going to be a maxima south with better UVVs and colder 850-750 temps, and of course areas farther N and W will likely begin to mix later. But if this verifies, it will be the second time in less than a month where this minima was ~ route 50. I know that minima has to be somewhere, but geez! You think we were 1,000ft below sea level. :(

imageproxy.png

• Sad 3

Just now, WxMan1 said:

Still showing the DC-Bowie-Crofton-Crownsville-Annapolis-Cape area screwjob I see. I've seen this claw "minima" for the past few days per some of the model runs (multiple models). I get that there's potentially going to be a maxima south with better UVVs and colder 850-750 temps, and of course areas farther N and W will likely begin to mix later. But if this verifies, it will be the second time in less than a month where this minima was ~ route 50. I know that minima has to be somewhere, but geez! You think we were 1,000ft below sea level. :(

The claw is real! I have updated the map accordingly.

image.png.74d551ae6c94d1478071b167e1209c71.png

• Haha 1

I hope it's sleet and not freezing rain, that can do a lot more damage to trees and power lines. There's a ton of moisture streaming into the frontal system near the MS-AL border in the same packet that will be over Virginia in 24 hours. You don't have as much wind-turbine component in your energy grid as Texas, I hope. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scraff said:

Whenever you guys want to meet up....I’m all for it! My parking lot oasis is cool. Or over at Ten Eyck. Whatever. I’m flexible. And by the way—like sending pictures of snow covered decks—obligatory beer fridge shot for you. Lots of of goodies. Milk? Land o Lakes? Whipped cream?  I have Tofu for you vegans as well. :lol:

985CC2F6-AE13-42E6-A626-B42C7E342524.jpeg

Damn. You would have to roll me out of your house on a cart like Hannibal Lector if I came over to your place. I would be hammered. 

• Haha 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic