Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

I'd sacrifice a lot of snow for waterfront property on a quality crabbing and white perch creek.

Used to catch crabs and white perch all the time. There was a restaurant called Riverdale on the water (it has since burned down). We use to go there, throw a string with a piece of chicken tied to it into the water and net crabs as kids. Legal size crabs.

Just now, KAOS said:

Used to catch crabs and white perch all the time. There was a restaurant called Riverdale on the water (it has since burned down). We use to go there, throw a string with a piece of chicken tied to it and net crabs as kids. Legal size crabs.

Yessss string and chicken. Did that often myself :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, KAOS said:

Used to catch crabs and white perch all the time. There was a restaurant called Riverdale on the water (it has since burned down). We use to go there, throw a string with a piece of chicken tied to it and net crabs as kids. Legal size crabs.

We did the same on St. Leonard's Creek south of Prince Frederick.  We'd stop at the A & P in Prince Frederick and get our chicken necks on the way down from home, tie them to a string with a nail and catch a few dozen each weekend.  Loved it.  It's what got me to build a small skiff and trotline as an adult.

• Like 1

Nice!  I have no idea what I'm drinking.  When I saw @Scraff last week he gave us a six pack of assorted cans and a couple had no label.  It's a darn good sour though.

First sour I ever had was Rodenbach Grand Cru... before sours were "cool". Never really explored many beyond that.

12 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I'd sacrifice a lot of snow for waterfront property on a quality crabbing and white perch creek.

Where can you get white perch?!?!? I used to live close to Lake Erie and we would go out and get a load of yellow perch and have a huge fish fry. Have not had perch in sometime though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dailylurker said:

You'all in here talking about crabbing? That's my s*it. I've been running a trotline my whole life. Stay out of my spots lol

Gfs has some chilly temps Sunday morning. At least we get a few deep winter days before the sun angle scorches the earth surface in a week.

Yeah, I remember saying that you were a big crabber.  I don't get out often enough anymore, and I'm limited to sheltered areas because I just have a 16' flat-bottom skiff that I built.  But I love crabbing the shallows so it's perfect.  I'm either at Crab Alley, on the Severn, or south by Shady Side.

• Like 1

Chessy Bay creeks are full of them.

Ok I need to check that out. Older Miss J will be a senior next year and we are going to start looking at colleges. She wants to check out St. Mary's Honors College. We have never been down to that part of MD so looking forward to it. 

• Like 3

Yeah, I remember saying that you were a big crabber.  I don't get out often enough anymore, and I'm limited to sheltered areas because I just have a 16' flat-bottom skiff that I built.  But I love crabbing the shallows so it's perfect.  I'm either at Crab Alley, on the Severn, or south by Shady Side.

Right on. That skiff is all you need. I've got a 21' Grady White. It's nice for an all around type boat. Skiffs are great for crabbing. I crab the Severn in June. Usually Eastern Bay/Crab Ally during the dog days and finish on the Wye in October. It's beautiful on the Wye in the fall. Crabs are delicious. Keep in touch. I'll send you some spots.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

The next time I brew our Black and Cran Sour, we can meet you at on of those breweries up your way and I'll give you a growler.  We loved it.

Sounds great

Just now, CAPE said:

You always take it in stride. It's those north Carroll dudes who think they live in Canaan or something. :lol:

They don’t? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Amorphous Iodine said:

What is a "weenie"?  And can the word be used as a verb or adjective?   TIA, Amateur Iodine

“A weather weenie is someone who obsesses about some aspect of weather and, at times, that obsession rules their life.”

I think you could use is it as a noun, verb and adjective. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

I just want to ask to try to understand me.  I mean no harm with any of my comments and I kindly ask the same when responding to me.  I know I can be easily misunderstood.

Try not to take internet crap on the chin.  Let it roll off like the sleet we're all getting tomorrow.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

I just want to ask to try to understand me.  I mean no harm with any of my comments and I kindly ask the same when responding to me.  I know I can be easily misunderstood.

Suggestion- Post in banter. When you have something relevant and interesting that adds to the discussion, post in the main threads.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic