Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2021

George BM

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

Ollie (the puppy, a lab mix, on top) and Peaches, our senior dog, a beagle mix. Both rescues. 

50F70EB9-7F09-4C15-81F0-D40B85E9B4E2.jpeg

My dog is a rescue too. Though he is a little unpredictable. Put it this way, the people at the vet call him landshark... and he is a Lhasa Apso.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KAOS said:

I honestly have to agree with this 100%.

LOL its so true. 

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Big gaps in family income down that way. Gibson Island is like Beverly Hills.

No doubt. Once you get down Mountain Road towards Chesapeake, the income goes up. Some of the neighborhoods outside of Gibson Island, but pretty far down the road are all big mansions. I grew up closer to the Severna Park area.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Sorry to hear she's getting up there in years and has had cardiac issues.  Hope you'll be OK when "that time" comes...it's never easy really to prepare ones self for that, I know.

Thanks, friend. We will have to get another sooner than we would want, because Ollie is full of energy and life. Peaches does her best to keep up with him, but then she's just exhausted and wants to be left alone. Dogs are too good for us, sucks to see them go. 

1 minute ago, KAOS said:

My dog is a rescue too. Though he is a little unpredictable. Put it this way, the people at the vet call him landshark... and he is a Lhasa Apso.

LOL I love it. Rescues are the best. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mappy said:

Ollie (the puppy, a lab mix, on top) and Peaches, our senior dog, a beagle mix. Both rescues. 

50F70EB9-7F09-4C15-81F0-D40B85E9B4E2.jpeg

Thanks for this -- they're gorgeous. We usually try to adopt, too, because...well, there's so many doggos who need rescued. Since I've teleworked full time for a year (and will likely stay in that mode permanently), we're thinking about adopting a second "transition" dog for our current six-year old Lab.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vastateofmind said:

Thanks for this -- they're gorgeous. We usually try to adopt, too, because...well, there's so many doggos who need rescued. Since I've teleworked full time for a year (and will likely stay in that mode permanently), we're thinking about adopting a second "transition" dog for our current six-year old Lab.

You're welcome! Yup, thats why we rescued. We rescued Peaches when we moved to Parkton, we had another dog at the time too but he passed a few years after we moved. Wasn't until we were home for covid that we decided it was a good time to get a puppy. We were home, might as well. We fostered 2, and adopted Ollie. I'll never "shop" for a dog again. Rescues are the best. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, GATECH said:

This is Thunder, pic taken when we were up in Deep Creek, Md.  Like the name?  I am such a weather nerd.  He barks like Thunder for sure!

8730A6CC-9777-46C4-BB7E-3FB14243984E.jpeg

Thunder is a handsome guy -- thanks for sharing this, too. We've adopted mostly Labs or Lab mixes over the past 20 years, but I'm not picky...I love all dogs (cats, too). I'm always that guy out in public, walking up to strangers walking their dogs on leads and asking, "Do you mind if I introduce myself to your dog??"  :) 

• Like 2

Congrats to you all in the Mid Atlantic! You have a decent Winter Storm Warning! You're gonna get at least 6 inches of snow!

I got smacked last night with another third of an inch of solid ice! More ZR, sleet and snow on the way here tonight, tomorrow! lol

You'd never know where I am is in south central Texas, not with all the snow and ice and winter storms!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ji said:

if i cant complain about a euro run that gives us 6 hours of precip on a weather board....than whats the purpose of the forum? I cant complain to my wife or normal friends about. I didnt like the run because it ended everything at 1:00pm and it was dry.....i should be able to complain about it

People in this subforum are really uptight. The vibe in here is always horrible. Easy to see now that I am barely here.

Just now, PhineasC said:

This subforum has a problem, though. A lot of posters have been complaining about it, and "the staff" just laughs at them.

Hope something changes before posters like Ji aren't even here anymore.

Yes, I've heard a lot of those complaints. I've also offered to talk with them about it out of a banter thread and yet they never take me up on it. So i'm guessing its not that big of a deal. I do appreciate your thoughts on the matter, so thanks!

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

This subforum has a problem, though. A lot of posters have been complaining about it, and "the staff" just laughs at them.

Hope something changes before posters like Ji aren't even here anymore.

Oh good christ. Troll away elsewhere. Yes, poor Ji, so persecuted. The poster to whom the rules don't apply and have never applied. For two decades across three forums now. **** off. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It seems like every time I check back in here you are telling someone to leave... even long time posters. It's a bad look, man.

This is rich coming from the poster who decides to spend his afternoon getting reactions from a forum he's not even within 500 miles of. Read the room, please. I'm not sure how that much negativity can manifest itself in someone such as yourself. Did the 24,000 preceding posts you've made not teach you anything?

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic