Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February Banter 2021

George BM

6 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Agreed. I guess since we won't go over five, would still really like it if the ice/sleet part of this is vicious on top of a few inches of snow and make it somewhat memorable. Can't tell from these runs really if that is still on the table or if that part is drying up too...

Outside of the NAM and RGEM, seems like the sleet part has dried up a bit.  That's fine with me.  Maybe we get lucky with the banding tomorrow am and get a quick 5" thump with some sleet on top.  That seems very possible given a blend of the guidance.  Of course, if we get split like happened on Super Bowl Sunday, could be more like 2-3".  I think saying 3-5" for us plus sleet/ice is a pretty solid forecast.  Could say 3-6" to hedge.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ji said:

i mean no other region in the country has to go through this where right before a snowstorm....models are so different with snow/qpf/upper level temps..etc/having or not having a wave 2

That's simply not true. Cincinnati went from 8-14 two days before their storm earlier this week per the models to a warning for 5-9, to a game time of a few inches and a warm nose sleet intrusion from hell out of nowhere. It happens everywhere.

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

That's simply not true. Cincinnati went from 8-14 two days before their storm earlier this week per the models to a warning for 5-9, to a game time of a few inches and a warm nose sleet intrusion from hell out of nowhere. It happens everywhere.

Yep. I think a lot of OUR forums issues is the amount of topography differences within the boundaries. The mid-west/plains and south don't have to deal with that as much. Even the inter-mountain areas are a bit easier to figure out as they rarely have to deal with ocean affects locally.

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

He's coming close to a suspension.   

It doesn't help when people here keep feeding his constant need for attention.   I know some love it, but most don't. 

you know what to do if it comes to that... text me. 

2 minutes ago, EHoffman said:

Haha fair enough, you've got your hands full with this jayyy guy.  I just wanna read about the weather without weenie maps and weenie posts :(

I hate to break it to you, but you're in the wrong place if you don't want to read weenie posts. 

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

He's coming close to a suspension.   

It doesn't help when people here keep feeding his constant need for attention.   I know some love it, but most don't. 

you have been wanting to suspend me since twitter:(. Im on your side man. We all want snow

• Sad 1

Just now, wxdude64 said:

Now has Blondie's Call Me stuck in his head....

there are worse songs to have stuck in your head. Like the song that never ends. It goes round and round, my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was. And we continue singing it forever just because. 

Just now, H2O said:

we all do but you act like a petulant child and it causes more shit than its worth.  F**king grow up.

if i cant complain about a euro run that gives us 6 hours of precip on a weather board....than whats the purpose of the forum? I cant complain to my wife or normal friends about. I didnt like the run because it ended everything at 1:00pm and it was dry.....i should be able to complain about it

• Like 1

Just now, Ji said:

if i cant complain about a euro run that gives us 6 hours of precip on a weather board....than whats the purpose of the forum? I cant complain to my wife or normal friends about. I didnt like the run because it ended everything at 1:00pm and it was dry.....i should be able to complain about it

I mean you can but do it in the banter thread...

Just now, EHoffman said:

I mean you can but do it in the banter thread...

i could but its a pain. When the model runs are coming out....they are being discussed in the storm thread. Its like going to the bathroom in the basement when you are upstairs in your bedroom

2 minutes ago, Ji said:

That’s all you ever do is complain. Nothing is ever ok with you. No run, no amount. And no, nobody wants to read it in the model thread.

• Like 1

Just now, EHoffman said:

I feel you dude but gotta respect the storm mode

i dont even get the storm mode. There is a ton of banter in the storm mode. Not sure why one would make something so fun as a storm...not fun. arent we tired of being locked up already?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic