Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

Just now, mattie g said:

Thanks!

I support an organization that considers us to be mission-critical, and Fairfax County considers the organization to be part of the 1b group. I'm hoping my wife can get the shot ASAP, as well, but she's just signed up as a normal schmuck. :lol:

That's great! I'm a normal schmuck like your wife, but we are fortunate. Our offices don't want us back, we chose to keep the kid virtual for the time being, and just keep staying home and staying healthy. So I'm okay having to wait my turn. 

My mom is eligible in MD, but the supply is so low that she's still waiting (65+ age group). Hoping that changes soon, for her sake. 

Y’all are creeping me out with fire ant stories, my brother almost died from those MFers.  He was stung about a thousand times after stepping in a mound while retrieving a basket ball.  Quick trip to the ER where they didn’t even mess with paper work and got him in right away.  Reason 10,019 I don’t miss Georgia.

2 minutes ago, GATECH said:

Y’all are creeping me out with fire ant stories, my brother almost died from those MFers.  He was stung about a thousand times after stepping in a mound while retrieving a basket ball.  Quick trip to the ER where they didn’t even mess with paper work and got him in right away.  Reason 10,019 I don’t miss Georgia.

Yikes!

18 minutes ago, mattie g said:

We think back on it and realize how bad it could have been.

She got tagged three or four times by bald-faced hornets two summers ago and ended up going to the ER - first time she'd had an obvious allergic reaction since that scare all those years ago. Damn sure she carries around an EpiPen now.

I'm like you - I can take hits from all kinds of stinging insects and not react at all )other than pain and some swelling), but let me touch poison ivy/oak/sumac and I'm fugged. 

I'm immune to poison ivy, etc.  Sucka!!!!!!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

That would be a lot easier without having to deal with drunks.

Well dealing with drunks isn't easy, I'll give you that.   Thankfully there aren't any here.  But only someone with a toddler like range of emotions would need to blame others for their hair trigger emotional states and constant shit posting.

16 minutes ago, GATECH said:

Yeesh!  Where in GA?  When I lived in Atlanta (going to GA Tech), I don't really recall anything with fire ants up in that part of the state.  But I can imagine the southern part and near the coastal area around Savannah might be infiltrated with those damned things.

20 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Thanks!

I support an organization that considers us to be mission-critical, and Fairfax County considers the organization to be part of the 1b group. I'm hoping my wife can get the shot ASAP, as well, but she's just signed up as a normal schmuck. :lol:

Its funny.  I won't say one bad word about people who have been able to get the shot.  They deserve it and I hope more are able to.  I will say that for almost a year my work has required me to show up to the office every day and my employment is essential.  Some would say pretty damn essential.  But somehow we are group 1c.  Thankfully my wife and one kid just got their first on Friday because preschool teachers.  So just biding my time and hoping it happens sooner than later.

7 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

He said it himself after insulting me. 

I have no idea who "he" is and who insulted you. 

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I think he's referring to where I said I was drinking last night?  All of a sudden I'm a drunkard and alcoholic.   He can't even get his insults correct, how do we expect him to make good posts?

I don't expect it. 

9 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Yeesh!  Where in GA?  When I lived in Atlanta (going to GA Tech), I don't really recall anything with fire ants up in that part of the state.  But I can imagine the southern part and near the coastal area around Savannah might be infiltrated with those damned things.

This was where I grew up, Duluth, GA NE of Atlanta.  They are everywhere in GA now. Probably up to southern Virginia by now.

35 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Pfizer. It's not awful. Just chills, aches and joint soreness. Almost feels like a bad hangover without the fun last night :)

35 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Getting my first today

Yea to you both! As a cancer survivor I am slated for phase 2. Mr. J will be in with the "healthy" folks. 

Was thinking about my most memorable winter event and realized it does not deal with snow at all. In college I was a commuter to BGSU in OH. Did not have the funds to be able to live on campus. Anyways was in my Jr. year and I needed to take a humanities class and found out that Severe and Unusual Weather was under that umbrella. Don't ask me why don't remember. I do remember the profs name though Dr. Glen Fry. It was just the start of spring semester around February. Growing up in NW OH I am used to snow every winter. But that one winter we had a huge sleet dump. I was driving back home on I-75 and remember slugging through about an inch of sleet that was raining down.

The next time I had my Severe weather class we spent the entire session on the sleet that piled up. Going to a university that had a cemetery in the middle of it, freight train tracks on one side of it, I-75 on the other, with bars just over the tracks. The National Tractor Pull every August and windy weather all year long, the sleet was the big thing. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic