Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2021

George BM

4 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Considering this was rain a few days ago, I’ll take my sleet storm and be happy.  Too much doom and gloom up in here.  No wonder why tracking storms just isn’t fun anymore.

I'm opposite of most people here. I hate tracking events and only enjoy the actual weather. Once a storm starts I tune out and no longer even look at radar. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I'm opposite of most people here. I hate tracking events and only enjoy the actual weather. Once a storm starts I tune out and no longer even look at radar. 

Being that most of the time I just don’t understand all that goes into tracking, I am the same way. I am happy just being an observer at the ground level and letting my eyes help those confirm what they are tracking. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Considering this was rain a few days ago, I’ll take my sleet storm and be happy.  Too much doom and gloom up in here.  No wonder why tracking storms just isn’t fun anymore.

Yeah, I don’t get it. We all came into this winter expecting a crappy Nina mucking everything up, yet we’ve seen a lot of snow falling. I’m looking forward to this one because it’s the first one with cold temperatures. I don’t care what covers the roads, as long as it’s frozen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

No time to post in storm thread but after a quick scan, even if I had unlimited free time I still wouldnt. Lol. Anyone who didnt expect to lose ground with temps and precip leading in hasnt learned a damn thing from their many mistakes this winter

This happens every winter.  No one learns.  Except 10 people who post common sense posts.  They know who they are.

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Yeah, I don’t get it. We all came into this winter expecting a crappy Nina mucking everything up, yet we’ve seen a lot of snow falling. I’m looking forward to this one because it’s the first one with cold temperatures. I don’t care what covers the roads, as long as it’s frozen.

I dunno. I’m all for frozen whatever, but we are starting to head towards “Morch” sun angles and what not. I kinda hate to waste a storm that gave me all the good feels before bed, but then I wake up in a 6z steaming pile. Hopefully 6z are off runs and we toss. Fingers crossed anyway. 12z better get us going back in the right direction. I definitely want to see more snow to fall then sleet. 

4 minutes ago, H2O said:

This happens every winter.  No one learns.  Except 10 people who post common sense posts.  They know who they are.

It's one of the reasons the board has lost its luster for me. The closing hours used to be an unbiased point/counterpoint discussion of how different parts of the storm could break in different areas (alongside weenie melts). Now it's just weenie therapy romper room and anyone who posts reality makes it worse. No biggie tho. Growing tired is a me problem. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bob Chill said:

It's one of the reasons the board has lost its luster for me. The closing hours used to be an unbiased point/counterpoint discussion of how different parts of the storm could break in different areas. Now it's weenie therapy romper room and anyone who posts reality makes it worse. No biggie tho. Growing tired is a me problem. 

I for one am glad you've been back. You bring sanity that soothes my soul. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I haven’t seen all that much snow falling.

Looking at the range of weenie-d out emotion reminds me of a tale my step-mom told me years ago about the "ephemerons".  Very scientific beings that lived on the top of the mercury column of a thermometer.  Their lives were on the order of a microsecond.  After thousands or more generations, they figured out the extent of their world:  where the top and bottom of the thermometer glass was.  After a couple million more, they realized they were accelerating upward, and panic ensued as they thought their world would be crushed on the top of the glass in some number of generations down the line!  Then, after awhile, they realized things were stabilized and the panic stopped.  After a million more generations their measurements indicated they were going down, fairly rapidly.  Upon more and more measurements, they were growing very worried that they would crater at the bottom of their universe!  And so it goes...

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic