Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

6 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

So I'm confused, some of those dudes who have been screwed on snow seem to be going out of their way to show anything not showing snow yet they seem to act like they really want snow. I suspect they don't really like snow they just like to be assclowns. Just one mans opinion though....I'll wait for psu to chime in with an animated gif. :sled:

Yea I am a HUUGGGGEEEE snow lover just been burned all year trying to look at this one with a different lens 

Looking at snow depth rather then the clown maps this time.  DC 3 inches is a goal not sure it happens again.

icon_asnow_neus_36.png

10 minutes ago, snowfan said:

I’m ok with drier/suppressed if it means dc scores this time.

[narrator]: that was a lie

NW folks...it’s okay.  We can be ok with less QPF because we will score with orographic lift, banding, and better ratios.  

Oh and the top of the hill adds another 3” in every storm.

Did I say we’d be okay?  I meant me.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have watched these threads with fascination and finally caved and created an account. This is a field I know nothing about, but involves snow, which I love. I moved away from Baltimore for 13 years, missed all the great snow storms and seems I moved back during the 6-7 year lull, and have watched wave after disappointing wave drop virtually nothing. So, give a complete idiot some guidance: at what point should I actually get excited? 6 hours out? 12? Sleep until the Governor declares a State of Emergency?

1 minute ago, DeeDeeHCue said:

I have watched these threads with fascination and finally caved and created an account. This is a field I know nothing about, but involves snow, which I love. I moved away from Baltimore for 13 years, missed all the great snow storms and seems I moved back during the 6-7 year lull, and have watched wave after disappointing wave drop virtually nothing. So, give a complete idiot some guidance: at what point should I actually get excited? 6 hours out? 12? Sleep until the Governor declares a State of Emergency?

Welcome!  If we can keep things looking good through 12z tomorrow, that’ll get over the hump of the last few busts at least.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DeeDeeHCue said:

If you go into the storm thread and see a user named "Ji" excited about a snow map then it is your time to get excited

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic