Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2021

George BM

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Correct, you said it sucked 30-50 NW of the cities.  It doesn't.   You backed it up using snowfall maps?  From the ICON?  :damage:

I said anyone NOT 30-50 miles NW. I stand by what I said. In my opinion, it’s not a good run UNLESS you are a decent jog NW of 95.

I think you misunderstood my original post.

1 hour ago, GATECH said:

Us low landers have grown to accept it, sleet is the poor mans snow.  Watch for my sleetman pics on Thursday!

Looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Wait, the other day you said you weren't picky.

Not sure I ever said that. I’ve commented before how much I hate sleet/ice. I’m not picky on snow amounts though. But blah to sleet. The worst. 

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

Not sure I ever said that. I’ve commented before how much I hate sleet/ice. I’m not picky on snow amounts though. But blah to sleet. The worst. 

Eh its frozen in the end. I hate it when I am expecting all snow and I start to hear the pingers. In this setup, I would take it over freezing rain, and given the uncertainty, even up your way I would be prepared to see more than you expect or want.

Just now, CAPE said:

Eh its frozen in the end. I hate it when I am expecting all snow and I start to here the pingers. Given this setup, I would take it over freezing rain, and given the uncertainty, even up your way I would be prepared to see more that you expect or want.

Agree about freezing rain, I’d take sleet over that every time. 

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

agree with the comments in the main that it is actually a nice change to have cold air moving in quickly well ahead of the event for a change. 

Absolutely. But we need the precip to come in quick and heavy for some decent snow, because there is no denying the warming aloft.

Just now, CAPE said:

Absolutely. But we need the precip to come in quick and heavy for some decent snow, because there is no denying the warming aloft.

Yeah I’m expecting sleet at some point, but maybe get a decent thump before the flip. 

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

agree with the comments in the main that it is actually a nice change to have cold air moving in quickly well ahead of the event for a change. 

I'm not going to know how to act when, 5 hours before precip, I'm not at 52 degrees and waiting for rates to cool me down to a frosty 37

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Heading out in a few minutes to get my second Covid vaccine shot. Apparently the side effects are worse for the second one. But I cannot wait to have my life back. 

Most of my colleagues have gotten the second Moderna shot. Every single one had one or more of the following symptoms: fatigue, chills, body ache, muscle soreness, fever, severe headache. I am planning on taking Tylenol after the shot before going to bed. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Heading out in a few minutes to get my second Covid vaccine shot. Apparently the side effects are worse for the second one. But I cannot wait to have my life back. 

Congrats man, hope it doesn’t knock you on your ass that you miss the snow. I’ve heard the second is a doozy 

• Like 1

Just now, CAPE said:

Getting the good front end isn't as critical up where you are as the warming aloft occurs slower and doesn't last as long, outside of maybe the NAM.

I haven’t looked at a sounding imby. Work has been crazy for months, I’m relying on y’all to tell me what models show lol. I just know that in these setups, I flip to sleet eventually. Usually ride the line. 

14 minutes ago, mappy said:

I haven’t looked at a sounding imby. Work has been crazy for months, I’m relying on y’all to tell me what models show lol. I just know that in these setups, I flip to sleet eventually. Usually ride the line. 

Bad news. Latest run of the in house IMBY model shows torching in the 850-851 levels

• Haha 2

So I'm confused, some of those dudes who have been screwed on snow seem to be going out of their way to show anything not showing snow yet they seem to act like they really want snow. I suspect they don't really like snow they just like to be assclowns. Just one mans opinion though....I'll wait for psu to chime in with an animated gif. :sled:

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic