Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I know where my yard is. I tracked this thing and contributed, but now is the time to stay in banter for me. I will take my sleet, fr rain, and probably plain rain, and like hate it. 

It's actually the dry air /subsidence gremlin that has me spooked. We have yet to get to OMG RATES MISSLES PARACHUTES for even five minutes this year at my hood. We've had poor snow growth for each system and falling sand for the most part. Main reason we keep capping out in Balt City below 5 inches (perpetually). Hard to see good bands so close and miss. The tell has been on even the good runs for storms that there is an area of slightly less qpf over balt city each time. Would like to see a qpf bomb for everyone to try and overcome that my way, but distribution of precip will be an issue again, apparently. 

Just now, mappy said:

You know you can hit the multi quote button, come to the banter thread and go make a post and it shows up, right? You don’t have to copy the text then add the member name to do that :) 

I have often wondered how people do that. After 11 years here, no, actually, did not know how that worked. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

It's actually the dry slot /subsidence gremlin that has me spooked. We have yet to get to OMG RATES MISSLES PARACHUTES for even five minutes this year at my hood. We've had poor snow growth for each system and falling sand for the most part. Main reason we keep capping out in Balt City below 5 inches (perpetually). Hard to see good bands so close and miss. The tell has been on even the good runs for storms that there an area of slightly less qpf over balt city each time. Would like to see a qpf bomb for everyone to try and overcome that my way, but distribution of precip will be an issue again, apparently. 

Yeah this has trended colder at the surface, at least. The warm nose aloft is one issue, and that is a beast on the NAMs, the other is how this storm is morphing from a nice front end thump to a one-two punch sort of a deal. There will likely be an area that largely misses out on both if that verifies. The front end is where it is at for places further south/east because there will be legit cold/dry air in place. Just need the goddamn precip to come in hot and heavy to mitigate the warming aloft for a few hours. If it is delayed or light, forget it.

1 hour ago, WhiteoutMD said:

I am trying to get a feel if this "storm" will actually materialize into something that represents the forecast as it's being portraying. Every other event this season has not really performed as expected or forecasted.  3 would be a meh event in my eyes other might disagree. 

Our really good storms usually trend better as we lead up to them. We havent had that yet this year until now. This one is trending better with just about every model run. Every other storm threat basically collapsed on the models around this timeframe from starting. Just a gut feeling. But I think this one ends up being a really nice event for just about all of us. 

6 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Given the advertised strong  LLJ and the likely warming from 850-700mb, imo 2-4" is a win along/east of I95 before a flip to sleet/zr. This is far from an ideal set up for the lowlands.

Agreed, and the fact that it isn’t ideal is why I am “concerned” about the drier area shown for the cities. We are already not in the best spot. .2-.4 less depicted precip than north and south (horseshoe) isn’t gonna help.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic