Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

17 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Thread started. It’s over.

image.jpeg.6da90b0a8d83b3b3e741f1308630799f.jpegThere’s really no jinx when more than half the comments so far are people whining about frozen precip type off of one Euro run. Reading the comments instantly thought of this guy. Hopefully storm mode soon so can be they can be moved to banter haha. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

lol you guys are never happy

relaxed - the thread sucks and is unreadable

strict - the thread sucks we can't joke ever

happy middle - not enough model discussion between runs

Not blaming you or any mods, definitely blaming some posters who ought to know better. They know they need to gtfo of that thread, and yet they blithely post away. They need to be better.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

I woke up and scrolled through 3 pages. Almost 0 real model discussion. Lol

Aside from event obs, I'm the village idiot when it comes to analysis, and so try to just lurk/learn in main threads. Many years on, though, I'm still surprised that some folks drop into storm/event threads to banter and panic....when there are always two dedicated, separate threads set up for both of those at any given time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Not blaming you or any mods, definitely blaming some posters who ought to know better. They know they need to gtfo of that thread, and yet they blithely post away. They need to be better.

I get it, people wake up and want to see what happened overnight. To be fair, the thread started after the Euro, so wasn't much discussion anyways other than early morning runs. I'll take fault in the chatter about Ava and her maps, but I thought it was relevant.

But still shaking my head that some are just never happy no matter what we do. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mappy said:

lol you guys are never happy

relaxed - the thread sucks and is unreadable

strict - the thread sucks we can't joke ever

happy middle - not enough model discussion between runs

At least for me, i have nothing against the mods. You guys do a good job on this site and I appreciate all you do. It's more on individuals. The rules are set out on the first page on the thread and people need to follow them

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

At least for me, i have nothing against the mods. You guys do a good job on this site and I appreciate all you do. It's more on individuals. The rules are set out on the first page on the thread and people need to follow them

I hear you. Unfortunately I can't watch the thread non-stop, do have a day job. So it requires people to self-moderate and think before they post.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic