• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

NAM is like exactly what I said to expect, slopfest.  If it falls overnight potentially high impact event.  Not like I said this would ever be a huge rainstorm, merely that climo wise seems more like a slopfest than a 6" snowstorm scenario.

DCHoff has moved the goalposts more today than the UMaryland student section will if the Terps ever beat Ohio State in a football game at College Park. 

DC area drivers suck - 

But tell me this - would you rather have DC drivers in a minor to moderate blanket of snow - or DC drivers in a covering of sleet and a glaze of ZR (slop). I'll take the snow...and of course even then it would suck. 

Hell...throw 3 melting snowflakes onto somebody's windshield on 270 and you'll end up with the entire road being closed for 3+ hours. 

This is a totally unrelated question to anything - does LWX "filter" spotter reports or "blacklist" people if they submit too many sketchy reports? I know spotters get the Basics I training - but with the huge influx in local spotters thanks to CWG and overall interest in weather from social media - if they see that a certain spotter is reporting improper things like funnel clouds when it's scud, wrong snowfall totals (inflated or way too low) - do they eventually just stop using that spotter's data? 

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Mappy is this close to driving to his house and burning it to the ground.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bmadid8efs9w6hr7kx1

@mappy wouldn't do this unless I made a map and committed major mapping no-nos. I'd omit a legend/color scale, put incorrect data on it, put a city or two in the wrong place and use the worst projection possible. Then she might do this.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic