Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

2 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Rusty Rail = great brews. My older brother and I meet to go camping in PA every October (it's a good halfway point between him in NY state and me in VA), and we usually end up in either French Creek State Park NW of Philly, or at R.B. Winter State Park just north of Mifflinburg, where the Rusty Rail mothership is located. We often hit up the Rusty Rail to "warm up," have some great beer and good eats there. A really unique brewery and restaurant if you ever have the chance to visit Mifflinburg. Needless to say, we have, on more than one occasion, had to be extra careful with our navigation back to R.B. Winter.  :) 

I’ll definitely check out Rusty Rail. I enjoyed the Birthday Suit yesterday. The southern tier of PA is loaded with good breweries.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’ll definitely check out Rusty Rail. I enjoyed the Birthday Suit yesterday. The southern tier of PA is loaded with good breweries.

Indeed it is -- and man, so is the Baltimore area. Meant to ask -- how was the milk stout nitro? Couldn't quite make out the brewery name. I've got my wife hooked on those milk stouts now...

2 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Indeed it is -- and man, so is the Baltimore area. Meant to ask -- how was the milk stout nitro? Couldn't quite make out the brewery name. I've got my wife hooked on those milk stouts now...

In keeping with the Valentines theme, it’s Left Hand Milk Stout, and it’s excellent. Nitro.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mappy said:

But in reality, your snow climo vs north of Manchester on some hill isn't much different. I spent 10 years living in stewartstown to your NE and all three locations probably avg within 3-7 inches of the other. Its rather insignificant in the long run. We can all just keep it real :)

11 minutes ago, snowfan said:

But in reality, your snow climo vs north of Manchester on some hill isn't much different. I spent 10 years living in stewartstown to your NE and all three locations probably avg within 3-7 inches of the other. Its rather insignificant in the long run. We can all just keep it real :)

Except I don’t think 2-4 is pathetic :) 

• Like 2

IMBY ?....I'm scheduled to leave ATL at 2 on Thurs, land at IAD at 4.  Chances I will get in?  It's a small regional jet which I know are the first to get cancelled.  

Normally wouldn't matter but we are heading out to Timberline noonish on Friday so I need to get home.  Thinking about grabbing a late flight on Weds...

I watched the history of food in America on the history channel last night. It was pretty fascinating...the candy bar wars were pretty wild from Hershey to Mars to Curtiss. I didn't know that Hershey fired some dude named Reese and he said oh yeah mother****er watch this!! I also finally learned what M&M stood for. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Good point. But seriously, anybody want to answer that one?

I like having a thread because it combines all the data into one location and it is usually limited in banter ( I like some but we spent 3 pages today talking about starting a thread).  I do like to go back after storms and see where things were 2-3-4 days before the storm and how things went.  I don't have the memory that some folks do here so I like to be able to go back and walk through everything afterwards.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gunny23 said:

IMBY ?....I'm scheduled to leave ATL at 2 on Thurs, land at IAD at 4.  Chances I will get in?  It's a small regional jet which I know are the first to get cancelled.  

Normally wouldn't matter but we are heading out to Timberline noonish on Friday so I need to get home.  Thinking about grabbing a late flight on Weds...

Def wait at least until tomorrow eve if possible but if I were in your shoes I'd grab a wed flight if we're still looking at the same thing the euro/gfs are spitting out. Even if snow fails, if it's still looking like rain with temps in the 20s @ IAD thurs the risk of sig delays and/or cancellations is pretty high. The is the first one of these waves to hit with temps being below freezing for 24+ hours straight before it starts

27 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I watched the history of food in America on the history channel last night. It was pretty fascinating...the candy bar wars were pretty wild from Hershey to Mars to Curtiss. I didn't know that Hershey fired some dude named Reese and he said oh yeah mother****er watch this!! I also finally learned what M&M stood for. 

You mean they actually had history on the History channel?  I thought it was 24 hours-a-day of Alaskan gold prospectors and crab fishing.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

We watched that too, thought it was pretty neat. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic