Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

15 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Weren't any doorbell cams around to see it was it? Lol

Conditions are very unusual for us here in south central Texas. What Mid Atlantic folks would call routine weather, is really freezing our Texan arses off down here LMAO! This is the 2nd day in a row of near 30 temps with deep clouds and north winds gusting to 25 sending wind chills down into the teens! Highs are now in excess of 30 degrees below normal. Our water lines froze solid - no water beginning this morning. The Arctic regime is showing us no mercy at all lol. We are not really prepared for this down here lol. I have gotten used to our warmer climate down here, I actually think 88/67 weather is comfortable lol. In February! I am being forced to haul water from our neighbors three doors down! LOL! Kind of like back in the 1800s! Water is H-E-A-V-Y stuff! You dont see ice on trees very often here! Its been on trees and other objects for two days running, even in the daytime! Its surreal as heck! I keep on having to ask myself am I in south central Texas, or am I back in Northern Virginia? Overnight, MORE freezing drizzle is expected, and some tomorrow. Now, everything has had a couple days to freeze down. Now we are approaching surface frigidization criteria on the ground - and any drizzle that falls WILL freeze on contact, EVERYWHERE! The sun angle isnt helping us one little bit! I have been laughing at my relatives up north in Wisconsin, boy did he laugh at me this morning! As if that wasnt challenging enough for us - Sunday afternoon we are going to get treated to another Arctic front, this one will drop our temps from near 30 on Sunday afternoon, into the teens, and bring freezing rain which is forecast to transition from ZR, to sleet, to snow. The ground is sure cold enough lol. Monday is forecast to be extremely cold for this part of the world, highs struggling to hit 20 degrees and lows which could fall to zero. Its going to get VERY VERY cold here, and we really dont have the infrastructure for it lol. Add the winds, and we might have to contend with -10 wind chills. Tuesday night, it might be a bit milder, but not mild enough to save us from yet another freezing rain event lol. I think this winter may be the South Central Texas' version of 2013-14 lol.

• Like 3

I hope the Mid Atlantic gets a big snow soon. I think that is a distinct possibility. This is a massively frigid airmass. Someone is going to get totally annihilated by snow, and I think its going to be the Mid Atlantic Region. Climatology tends to agree with me, this is Mid February. You guys are going to get destroyed by heavy snow, sooner rather than later.

13 hours ago, Scraff said:

I had a can earlier. Frickin delicious! The ABV well hidden. Not super sweet (which I approve). Happy to drink beers / trade beers with my favs weather and beer  peeps. Just ask @nw baltimore wx B)

Yeah, man. Another meet might be in order. I’ve got an oyster stout that needs kegging and I’d love to try that raisin oatmeal concoction that @Scuddz made! Give me a week to finish fining the stout here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baldereagle said:

Mighty depressing forecast even for February for sure.

No one sane roots for ice storms.

Well.. if we're going to get ice I rather get some destruction so at least it's interesting to watch. A trace of ice is only fun for watching old people break hips. I wanna see huge oak trees breaking.

4 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Yeah, man. Another meet might be in order. I’ve got an oyster stout that needs kegging and I’d love to try that raisin oatmeal concoction that @Scuddz made! Give me a week to finish fining the stout here.

I'm going to tone down the cinamon and ramp up the oats next time around, but not bad for a first attempt.  Thinking a riff on a zombie dust clone perhaps next weekend.  Gotta have it ready to go when this one runs out. Or, you know, just buy another keg....

• Haha 2

Just now, snowfan said:

Happened here yesterday on south facing surfaces. Temps below freezing all day and full overcast, but still saw melt. 

Same here. To be expected this time of year even with the clouds, unless temps are way below freezing. It seemed to continue overnight, mostly in the areas that receive the most sun exposure, but wet soil conditions and no real cold to freeze the top layer leading in doesn't help.

9 hours ago, Jebman said:

Conditions are very unusual for us ... The Arctic regime is showing us no mercy at all lol. We are not really prepared for this down here lol. I have gotten used to our warmer climate down here, I actually think 88/67 weather is comfortable lol. In February!.....

Granddaughter in East TX, (college student), is complaining plenty. Her work uniform (restaurant) is a tee shirt and she's layering most of the clothing she owns with it. Most of them don't own a winter coat. But, they do get out and enjoy the snow/slush when it happens. If the temps models predict verify it will be insanely below normal. So far they've been at least 5f below GFS.  Historic low for Tyler is 0f in 1899, and at this rate it could happen again. 

24 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Quick question...if the pattern looks toast how many times a day would you like to be told that it does? For me I'd like it on a continuous loop 

I'd like that just about as much as watching a continuous loop of John Elway's " The Drive", Earnest Byner's "The Fumble", and Michael Jordan's "The Shot" over Craig Ehlo, all while getting a root canal!

(Saying all this as a Cleveland fan, LOL!!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic