Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

Just now, DCTeacherman said:

We have a lot of people from the westminster area on this forum it seems.  What's it like up there?  I'm looking for some new places to drive up to for a day to see with my kids.  Never been there.  What are some of the attractions I should visit if I head up that way?

They have a Belks and one of the few Shoppers Food Warehouses still open

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Are you suggesting I drive an hour+ with a 2 year old and a 4 year old to go to a department store lol?

Keep going past Westminster if you are going to make the drive and go to Emmitsburg. That's only an extra 30 minutes or so. There is a gorgeous park in the town center to walk in. And you have the option of the parks in and around the Catoctins to the south or Gettysburg just to the north as well. 

You do have to chuckle at how consistently that max mathematical computation rendered as a 2D depiction of the surface-level snowfall result of the forces higher in the atmosphere that totally isn't a forecast, yes we know, thank you always ends up right along the Mason Dixon.

Disclaimer: No, I'm not surprised, I'm aware of climo - its just interesting to see how many different ways it gets there.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

WSW will probably be going up for the southern tier counties of PA. Maybe even into central PA, as the north trend continues.

I am expecting a winter storm warning for York county, while I'm in an advisory. Because that's funny to me. 

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

I am expecting a winter storm warning for York county, while I'm in an advisory. Because that's funny to me. 

Most guidance still looks decent for over here outside of the GFS, but there would be some sleet mixed in, which is fine. Not much margin for error though. Need the souther solutions of the bunch to be more correct.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic