Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2021

George BM

3 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Dang....you live in a van down by the river? You're way down there I honestly didn't know

houseboat.  Wasn't a houseboat a few years ago but rising sea levels got my yard.  And all the drought rain.

I'm actually a tad bit west of my dot closer to the 1.0 but still, it where snow goes to die.

I feel my stress level rise everytime I check the models or these forums, especially being that I know before we know it, it'll be Spring so I'm grasping especially hard for something good. 

I'm going to try to show self-control and be like a normal person the next week. Only use my weather app, radar, and the reports I see on social media lol. No models or forum. I'll come back next Wednesday. Hopefully something will pop for ALL of us! 

4 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Things I learned this winter: Never expect good snows other than the occasional 3-4 inch storm or less, in a La Nina, no matter how good the pattern may look up top, in the Delmarva

We always suck lol.

Definitely do better with the bigger events in a Nino with a juiced up stj. Ninas find more ways of screwing the MA in general, although much less so a in blocking regime.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

We always suck lol.

Definitely do better with the bigger events in a Nino with a juiced up stj. Ninas find more ways of screwing the MA in general, although much less so a in blocking regime.

But when we finally do get a Nino the atmosphere acts like a Nina. Oh well. At least in fort lauderdale i won't need to worry anymore

Just now, nj2va said:

LWX going 1-3” here looks good.  Between sleet, surface temps at start, and not ideal dendrite growth, I don’t see us getting more than here.  Hopefully it looks pretty outside...thats my bar.

1-3 seems reasonable. Recent runs are juicing up the initial wave some, but that seems to coincide with a more northward axis of better qpf. 12z will probably tell the rest of that story.

• Like 2

How do you know a storm is likely a dud? All the red taggers disappear! Bob goes back into hibernation. PSU may post when someone's reasoning is way off, but he becomes a lurker. Every weenie becomes a wishcaster and thinks they can will a storm in the right direction. And the mood is so low as the chase has died. Depressing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

How do you know a storm is likely a dud? All the red taggers disappear! Bob goes back into hibernation. PSU may post when someone's reasoning is way off, but he becomes a lurker. Every weenie becomes a wishcaster and thinks they can will a storm in the right direction. And the mood is so low as the chase has died. Depressing

People who are likely to do well or better than others make lists

4 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

We having fun yet? It's comical man. First slug didnt get consenus until 7 hours ago and it broke mostly the right way. Instead of celebrating that, seems the focus is on the second piece that is still 36-48 hours away. I can't participate in a mental health clinic. I try to present very sound reasons why strapping into the emotional roller coaster too early is dumb but not one person who actually needs the advice listens. There is a lot of irony on this forum. It becomes 5x more apparent after an extended break.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

Overall things look good for a general light to perhaps moderate event. Problem is there will probably be an area that will receive lighter qpf on the south side for wave 1, and could also miss wave 2 completely- and it might coincide with the same places that have been screwed recently. So yeah there is some angst.

• Like 1

I'll drop this here. Hopefully people read it. 

Neary EVERY single event here that produces will have a suite or several suites of models early in the short range that are overdone. Often waaaaay overdone. Expect it. Understand it. Respect it. But whatever you do dont hug it. EVER. 

Anyone? Hello? [Crickets]

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Neary EVERY single event here that produces will have a suite or several suites of models early in the short range that are overdone. Often waaaaay overdone. Expect it. Understand it. Respect it. But whatever you do dont hug it. EVER. 

i really hope people actually take this to heart. but not expecting them to do that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Especially any model from Canada.  

• Haha 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic