• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think we've ever seen this many events fall apart in the last 24-36h. I'm the past it felt like it was the exception, not the rule, that an event fell apart so late. People told stories of last minute fails. What the hell is going on with the models being so consistent in the 2-4d range and then completely unraveling in close?

Obviously all that is irrelevant if this thing comes north tomorrow and the confluence is weaker than modeled like it was in the 1/31 event. That time it screwed the cities. This time we need it and watch it not do it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Idk.  Better to be adjusting to being correct than to stay stubbornly wrong.

If the role was reversed and the model was trending wetter, and it correctly sniffed out a larger storm, then we'd all be raving about how it performed best and  "saw it first".

Yeah that's fair. Frustration boiling over a bit on my part

1 minute ago, caviman2201 said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think we've ever seen this many events fall apart in the last 24-36h. I'm the past it felt like it was the exception, not the rule, that an event fell apart so late. People told stories of last minute fails. What the hell is going on with the models being so consistent in the 2-4d range and then completely unraveling in close?

Obviously all that is irrelevant if this thing comes north tomorrow and the confluence is weaker than modeled like it was in the 1/31 event. That time it screwed the cities. This time we need it and watch it not do it.

Feels like that is maybe characteristic of a nina year? We went through that a few years back in a Nina where we could not get it within 5 days. This year within 2. 

I have been lurking since the days of Eastern Weather or even before,  Had a few tonight.  I have lived in DC for 30 years butI haven't logged in forever  Obviously I am a novice.  I'm no Bob Chill, PSU or a red tagger.  Help me get this storm straight after the disappointment of last weekend where we got a warning from the NWS but received 0.0 inches in Georgetown, DC.  

So we have a storm coming that may or may not bring snow to metro DC.  It may be suppressed to the south.  Maybe a fish storm.  Possible mixing issues.  Looking for WAA and rates.  It NEEDS rates.  Looking at the 850 line.  Over running storm.  Need banding and have to beat the sun angle.  Marginal surface temps,  We all hope to get NAMed but we all bow to King Euro.  We all want to see the RGEM clown snow map that was dropping 40 inches on us (only to end up with ZERO).  Let's take a blend of the GFS, ICON, Canadians, SREFS and look at the nests,  We also should lookout for the MESOS in the short term.

Cyclogenisis, Bombogenisis, and Frotogenisis will all play a role in how this plays out .  Dendrite growth has potential to make this an over producer.  It could be puking snow or it could be pixie dust.  Take your ciimo into consideration.  It may tick north or maybe south, depending on how much of a weenie you are.  It's all about trends.  

I'll take it and call it a winter!  Winter is cancelled!  Ji is an asshole.  Take it to banter.  If it verifies, verbatim, its 13 inches for DC.  I'm taking a Jeb walk  Maybe two.

This is obviously just my attempt at humor.  I know it's not good.  Help me with your favorite quotes over the years!  STORM MODE!!!  You guys are funny.  Stay safe!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Ji said:

Have you guys liked me more the past few weeks lol? I've tried to dial it back a bit despite an old school meltdown today. I think I live in the best area in Virginia for snow so I need to appreciate what I have I guess

I have a feeling you'll be dealing it up over the next few days lol

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, TinGTown said:

I have been lurking since the days of Eastern Weather or even before,  Had a few tonight.  I have lived in DC for 30 years butI haven't logged in forever  Obviously I am a novice.  I'm no Bob Chill, PSU or a red tagger.  Help me get this storm straight after the disappointment of last weekend where we got a warning from the NWS but received 0.0 inches in Georgetown, DC.  

So we have a storm coming that may or may not bring snow to metro DC.  It may be suppressed to the south.  Maybe a fish storm.  Possible mixing issues.  Looking for WAA and rates.  It NEEDS rates.  Looking at the 850 line.  Over running storm.  Need banding and have to beat the sun angle.  Marginal surface temps,  We all hope to get NAMed but we all bow to King Euro.  We all want to see the RGEM clown snow map that was dropping 40 inches on us (only to end up with ZERO).  Let's take a blend of the GFS, ICON, Canadians, SREFS and look at the nests,  We also should lookout for the MESOS in the short term.

Cyclogenisis, Bombogenisis, and Frotogenisis will all play a role in how this plays out .  Dendrite growth has potential to make this an over producer.  It could be puking snow or it could be pixie dust.  Take your ciimo into consideration.  It may tick north or maybe south, depending on how much of a weenie you are.  It's all about trends.  

I'll take it and call it a winter!  Winter is cancelled!  Ji is an asshole.  Take it to banter.  If it verifies, verbatim, its 13 inches for DC.  I'm taking a Jeb walk  Maybe two.

This is obviously just my attempt at humor.  I know it's not good.  Help me with your favorite quotes over the years!  STORM MODE!!!  You guys are funny.  Stay safe!

Based on the length of this post, you’ll fit in just fine here. Welcome.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ji said:

Have you guys liked me more the past few weeks lol? I've tried to dial it back a bit despite an old school meltdown today. I think I live in the best area in Virginia for snow so I need to appreciate what I have I guess

I feel like Monterrey VA is the best place for snow.  Other than that I am pleased with this Ji.  

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Like a mofo

What’s your forecast? 6+?

26 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Everything was great until the euro stole all the snow before it even started. The other models are so mad they are protesting by showing nice events. But nobody's listening to them so they'll prob take it away at 0z. Dont blame them really

As long as the icon is still on our side

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

Feels like that is maybe characteristic of a nina year? We went through that a few years back in a Nina where we could not get it within 5 days. This year within 2. 

I'd be fine with events not getting within 5 days since I don't get my hopes up that far out. I do get my hopes up when every single model shows MBY at 4-6" within 48h. What am I supposed to do, not get excited until it's over? The models have to be better

28 minutes ago, H2O said:

NAM is just what I can see happening IMBY. Miss #1 north, miss #2 south. 

I think wave 2 comes far enough north that there is some overlap between the southern boundary of snowfall with wave 1 and the northern boundary with wave 2.  But there will likely be a bit of a minimum in between the two maxes from the waves...and yea there is a risk that is near your area.   I think wave 2 juices up some though and might give a late save.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic