• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2021

George BM

Forecasting this winter has gotten pretty simple - people are looking at which model has done "better" and at what leads. That's not the way to do it. 

From near as I can tell, you want to look at the models 36 hours before the event, see where Balt City is - take a blend of the two showing the LEAST for that area, and then look at what they are showing for your area in relation to it. Step 2. Start a Facebook winter weather page. Step 3. Profit. 

Just now, DanTheMan said:

Not meant to be taken literally, altho admit it comes off off pretty snarky. Guess the deb mood is getting to me

If they rubbed it in our faces every time then this place wouldn't be fun at all cause they win more times than the southern people.  Be like Barry Sanders when he scored a TD.  Just hand the ball to the ref and go to the sideline.

• Like 1

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Forecasting this winter has gotten pretty simple - people are looking at which model has done "better" and at what leads. That's not the way to do it. 

From near as I can tell, you want to look at the models 36 hours before the event, see where Balt City is - take a blend of the two showing the LEAST for that area, and then look at what they are showing for your area in relation to it. Step 2. Start a Facebook winter weather page. Step 3. Profit. 

I'd shorten it to 24 hours.  Thats when we've seen the bottom fall out

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DanTheMan said:

Not meant to be taken literally, altho admit it comes off off pretty snarky. Guess the deb mood is getting to me

Lol. It's the internet, which is a terrible place if you want to decipher people's moods based off of their posts. or maybe i suck at taking hints? :violin:

Just now, H2O said:

If they rubbed it in our faces every time then this place wouldn't be fun at all cause they win more times than the southern people.  Be like Barry Sanders when he scored a TD.  Just hand the ball to the ref and go to the sideline.

Amazing metaphor and fair point

1 minute ago, DanTheMan said:

Gahh! Ok ok I learned my lesson guys 

but you were just joking? what lesson is there to learn if you were just joking? we all got jokes. my joke is that centreville va is the snowasshole of VA and gets nothing but virga and high clouds. 

SEE JUST KIDDING

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

Fair. Our weather page is gonna rule. Water Zen's Wintry Mix. Gonna need a wheelbarrow for all our Facebook and YouTube monies...

We need to practice to get inside the 60 sec tikTok clip limit.  Gotta reach the young kids too.  Can you renagade?  We have to pick our background music carefully.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mappy said:

but you were just joking? what lesson is there to learn if you were just joking? we all got jokes. my joke is that centerville va is the snowasshole of VA and gets nothing but virga and high clouds. 

SEE JUST KIDDING

I was trying to lighten the mood, not rub the situation in everyones faces. I can see I read the room poorly and I apologize for that. Sometimes I forget that this place really lives and dies by every cycle.

Just now, mappy said:

but you were just joking? what lesson is there to learn if you were just joking? we all got jokes. my joke is that centreville va is the snowasshole of VA and gets nothing but virga and high clouds. 

SEE JUST KIDDING

I've seen centreville.  Its the strip mall mecca of the snowasshole.

Just now, DanTheMan said:

I was trying to lighten the mood, not rub the situation in everyones faces. I can see I read the room poorly and I apologize for that. Sometimes I forget that this place really lives and dies by every cycle.

lol we really do. and we don't use other peoples tears to melt our snow. thats not very nice :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DanTheMan said:

No worries, hope someone in the region gets raked, and your area historically struggles too, so hope this one hits for you guys. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic