Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

6 minutes ago, T. August said:

Last year was terrible and the year before was fine. Not sure how that has anything to do with this year sucking as well.

I can't tell you how to feel about what snow you do or don't get, but if you keep it all in perspective, you should be happy with what you've gotten so far.

If you want to wring your hands over not getting more snow, by all means, feel free. its your emotional health thats impacted, not mine. 

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

I can't tell you how to feel about what snow you do or don't get, but if you keep it all in perspective, you should be happy with what you've gotten so far.

If you want to wring your hands over not getting more snow, by all means, feel free. its your emotional health thats impacted, not mine. 

I hear you but I’ve had bare ground since Feb 2 lol. A five minute drive yields 2”+ otg.

Just now, T. August said:

I hear you but I’ve had bare ground since Feb 2 lol

and i'm sorry to hear that. but, this upcoming threat looks like everyone should see snow, especially wave 1. try to find the good in that instead of the bad. :) 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

This note from Pete Mullinax is on point (we are so lucky he is on the desk at WPC):

I had to do a double take at those surface temps on the NAM.  Euro and GFS (!!) are both a few degrees colder.  Can't recall seeing a time recently when GFS had colder surface temps in the Balt-Wash corridor than the NAM.  

During winter here in MD I have found all I really want is sun. Can be a cold day with snow on the ground but sunny. Where I grew up in NWOH snow was a given most years. And it sticks around. But there were less days with sun. Making it hard on a persons mental state. Upon moving to MD over 20 years ago I saw that you can have snow and sun on the same day. As for the amount of snow, yes I seem to live in an area of MD that can get dumped on when a good storm track comes in. But I have found after several years that I am just not a snow person anymore. It is pretty and with that I have enjoyed the smaller events more. I had many reasons I was happy to move from OH. The change in weather patterns was one of them. I have found that I prefer a good t-storm over a good snow storm. But I do not begrudge any of you a shackling of snow. So not really sure where this post falls in the grand scheme of things. Probably just a rambling of my morning brain. Enjoy life!!

• Like 2

@North Balti Zen I completely get it...as you said, Baltimore hasn't gotten a verified warning in 5 years--I'm also frustrated because of that. Being a tad on edge is totally understandable...my personal theory is that we don't get a warning event unless we get a bigger punch (which is why I'm focused more on the potential the models are possibly hinting at Day 6-8...hope things progress!)

7 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

This note from Pete Mullinax is on point (we are so lucky he is on the desk at WPC):

Not painting a very encouraging picture. I've actually felt very positive about the upcoming threats, which I never did about the last few. I'm one of the ones who truly enjoys every flake that falls and tries to put things in perspective. I'm not going to lie, if we come out of mid-February with nothing substantial, I'm going to be in a pretty dark place. 

35 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

As for people mad that folks are posting their expectations in this thread - what the ****? This is the banter thread. Not even ok to post in here?

PLEASE post it here.  The usual suspects are debbing and giving up in here and Thank God for it.   This is the thread for it.

18 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I went to Millersville with Pete. He's a great guy. Graduated a year before me. He reached out to me because his dad watches the forum during winter and saw my posts and asked him if that was me. I'm actually in contact with him on any job openings at WPC within my pay grade. I would LOVE to work there. Fingers crossed! 

• Like 6

Just a heads up for everyone. This storm will be monitored by me, and I'll be making drive-by posts on occasion, but we got a potential historic cold outbreak for this weekend, so all my attention is on work atm. I'll post my 2cents every now and then, but my obligations are elsewhere. Hopefully everyone can cash 4+" with this multi-wave setup. Good luck! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

No time to play yet. Just wondering if we've reached the point of the storm being impossible to enjoy no matter what happens? If not now, later today for sure

I think we are there. Only in our subforum would people be complaining that models don't give them enough snow. Nothing will be good enough. 

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

That’s all aimed at me. Fair. Guilty. It would be nice to get to warning level here for a change - especially if a lot of the rest of the area is cashing in. 

You can aim it at me too. Two WSW events so far this winter and I've combined for 4.5 inches between both of them. With this one seeming to be trending the good stuff away from Baltimore. Group me in with them haha

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

That’s all aimed at me. Fair. Guilty. It would be nice to get to warning level here for a change - especially if a lot of the rest of the area is cashing in. 

I hope you get it, I really do. But you need to stop taking everything so personally. You know I am a big fan of yours, I hate seeing you do that to yourself. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RevWarReenactor said:

IF the Euro is correct. The I-95 corridor from Baltimore up to Wilmington has been getting absolutely boned this year. I feel your pain. Snow to the south, snow to the north, snow to the east, snow to the west. But I still have hope. If you don't have hope what do you got?

mdecoy! glad you're alive. 

6 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I wish you get that too.  i wish we all do.  Thats why i root for uniform snow for all over 300" for Round Hill and 1.345676" for I-95 east.  Lets just see what happens.  if it busts again I'll be right there with you harrumpfing weather.

3 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

IF the Euro is correct. The I-95 corridor from Baltimore up to Wilmington has been getting absolutely boned this year. I feel your pain. Snow to the south, snow to the north, snow to the east, snow to the west. But I still have hope. If you don't have hope what do you got?

Sup, decoy.  How's life?

14 minutes ago, mappy said:

I think we are there. Only in our subforum would people be complaining that models don't give them enough snow. Nothing will be good enough. 

I hate rug pulls too. I get that as much as anyone. But sometimes I see irrational exuberance given the setup. The hybrid had me scared of my shadow start to finish. We maximize those like 5% of the time, get screwed 75% of the time, and 20% of the time we get ok snow. We got ok snow but it felt like the 75%. 

It's a REALLY TALL ORDER for the thurs/fri deal to drop over 1" liquid over a large swath. We have organized coastals with less. Those mid/short range mega runs always seem to be the kiss of death for having fun. Anything less becomes a disaster sticking point. Is what it is. I get it. I'm here for the lolz nowadays. Models backing down at short range has an inverse relationship with the # of lolz tho

• Like 1

1 minute ago, H2O said:

And for clarification on when I say Northern tier people.  This is my map.  Please excuse the few people I exclude from being lumped in with others.  They know who they are.

MA explained.jpg

You need to put a couple circles at the base of the friend zone. You know, the friend zone's 2 best friends. 

I'll show myself the door now

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic