Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

After last week, I’m skittish as ****.  If the Euro/uk holds then yeah, NAM can eat it

Yeah, pretty much agree...though obviously not good to see it jump on being farther north now.  Wasn't it a lot better just 12 hours ago with its 00Z run?  Tells us how tricky this setup can be, I guess.

I will say this - from the Snow Anus (SnAn) it is hard to watch people who have cashed in all year way way more than we have inside 695 celebrating south or north shifts that purple and pink them and leave Balt scrambling again from run to run.  LIke, say, the I-81 happiness over the recent ICON. Gosh, I sure do hope it works out for those crazy kids again, i know how snow starved they must be...

35 minutes ago, ovechkin said:

Yeah, not a good start to the 12z suite. NAM being insistent on the warmth is not a good sign, especially in a season where the immediate metro has struggled mightily with cold. Yuck. 

lol.  Kinda over-exaggerating here?   So far, the NAM is still on it's own.   It's not ideal, but it's definitely not woe is me yuck! type deal either.

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

lol.  Kinda over-exaggerating here?   So far, the NAM is still on it's own.   It's not ideal, but it's definitely not woe is me yuck! type deal either.

The NAM was also a fair amount colder that its 6z run... the icon and rgem are encouraging at least.

We've got a little something to watch Wednesday night/Thursday...

Maybe a little follow up something Friday...

Then the possibility of something over the weekend...

With brutal cold infiltrating the country but we're not sure exactly how that airmass will interact with this train of systems? 

The possibility exists for every type of precipitation we know of, including dry outcomes, and it all starts in less than 72 hours. 

My head hurts

52 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Imagine trying to make plans for travel or something perhaps outside for this coming Thursday. Anyone here really have an idea what's about to happen? I sure don't

You can say cold rain and have over a 90% chance of being right.  Cold and dry, warm up and rain, cold and dry, warm up and rain.  Rinse and repeat.

Just now, BlizzardNole said:

You can say cold rain and have over a 90% chance of being right.  Cold and dry, warm up and rain, cold and dry, warm up and rain.  Rinse and repeat.

What? I've had barely any cold/dry days this winter. Have had quite a few days with snow falling recently. Hasn't accumulated much but it certainly hasn't fit the "warm up and rain" formula. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic