• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2021

George BM

One thing I've learned this winter is when suddenly a model goes off the rails.. Don't laugh. They've been right every time. Congrats PA on a fantastic winter. My goal at this point is to make it half way to climo. I can't take anymore slop. Give me snow or torch this dumpster fire and bring on spring. Sorry for the rant. I've seen one clean storm in 4 years.

31 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

One thing I've learned this winter is when suddenly a model goes off the rails.. Don't laugh. They've been right every time. Congrats PA on a fantastic winter. My goal at this point is to make it half way to climo. I can't take anymore slop. Give me snow or torch this dumpster fire and bring on spring. Sorry for the rant. I've seen one clean storm in 4 years.

The way things are set up this week it very likely wont be "clean" for us, unless the Euro has the right idea. Given the east-west orientation with the sprawling vortex across S Canada and the boundary right over/just south of us, I expect to see every p-type this week.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The way things are set up this week it very likely wont be "clean" for us, unless the Euro has the right idea. Given the east-west orientation with the sprawling vortex across S Canada and the boundary right over/just south of us, I expect to see every p-type this week.

Yup. Just more of the same garbage. I'm expecting mostly rain and slop with this setup. It would be nice to get some actual cold. I don't buy that happening either. 

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

He is, but here is a novel idea- how about giving the MVP to a defensive player instead of the QB all the time? The TB defense was dominant, and the primary reason they won that game.

I think Von Miller was the last defensive player to win it, but Manning could barely throw anymore at that point so it really couldn't be awarded it to the QB.

I said the same thing last night at our friend's SB party....it would have been better if they either gave the MVP to the whole defensive line or pick one to give it to.  They DOMINATED the league's #1 offense.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I said the same thing last night at our friend's SB party....it would have been better if they either gave the MVP to the whole defensive line or pick one to give it to.  They DOMINATED the league's #1 offense.  

I knew having both starting tackles out would be problematic against that defensive front, but still that was a thorough beatdown of a prolific offense.

Ofc all you are going to hear in the post analysis is GOAT GOAT GOAT!!!!!  Yeah we know, he is good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I really enjoy this sub and the back and forth but there are two things that make me want to peel my own skin. 

Clamoring about starting threads and musing about when warnings will be posted.

The whiplash and cognitive dissonance is almost amusing.  "NO, don't start a thread, it will jinx it!!!"..."When the hell are they going to issue a watch?!"

4 hours ago, CAPE said:

He is, but here is a novel idea- how about giving the MVP to a defensive player instead of the QB all the time? The TB defense was dominant, and the primary reason they won that game.

I think Von Miller was the last defensive player to win it, but Manning could barely throw anymore at that point so it really couldn't be awarded it to the QB.

I thought the MVP should've been Shaq Barrett just based on his effect over the game. Dude was in Mahomes grill every single time he dropped back

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I really enjoy this sub and the back and forth but there are two things that make me want to peel my own skin. 

Clamoring about starting threads and musing about when warnings will be posted.

We may not agree on some of the calls last night, but this I can agree with wholeheartedly.  Haha.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Any other year I'd be so confident with the Euro/EPS in our corner vs. the NAM/GFS but this year ehhhhhhhh

From what I've watched go down this winter my money is definitely on the NAM. Whatever model has the worse outcome has been pretty much dead on. The GFS run that basically said that slop from yesterday was a non event got a lot of laughs. Unfortunately it was dead on. I'm fully expecting 35 degree rain and slush this week.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic