Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

2 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Honestly, that means a ton, I really appreciate it.  I remember when we both totally sucked. 

That said, @Cobalt is by far and away a better aspiring meteorologist. Dunno if that's what he actually plans to study in college but he's done a much better job at absorbing a lot of the more technical stuff. 

I told Cobalt a couple weeks back how solid a poster he has become. You have as well, and I probably thought it went without saying. But it is worth saying. 

• Thanks 1

@MillvilleWx @csnavywx @high risk

Now that we are in a break before our next event it's time for Curious George to strike.

nam3km_2021020518_fh42_sounding_38.96N_77_42W.thumb.png.001b0fc3e4fa51afd04dd8f7a8d3965c.png

nam3km_2021020518_fh46_sounding_40.30N_74_18W.thumb.png.9410e89021b5522fede7764d2c1eb962.png

Now, as you were discussing back on Friday, this model can overdo convection. But let's pretend that these were real soundings. 

What diameter do you believe that aggregates would reach in soundings like these? Also, what would you guess that the snowfall rates would be?

8 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Thursday is going to trend a little further south and the whole mid Atlantic forum will cash in on 6-10 inches!  Great for all and an extremely rare occurrence 

Feeling optimistic? Just because we did well today doesn't mean we don't still suck. I am sure we will find a way to be mostly slop to rain in the lowlands. :lol:

• Like 1

For the hip MD crowd, locator acroynms. Cut, paste and save for future reference. Some of these you know, some are new. Just killing time until the next storm.

MoCo       montgomery county
HoCo      howard county
SomCo      somerset county
CarCo      carroll county
WaCo      washington county
CeCo     cecil county
AaCo     anne arundel county
QuaCo    queen anne county
KenCo    kent county
HaCo    harford county
CharCo    charles county
DoCo    dorchester county
BalCo    baltimore county
AlCo    allegany county
GaCo    garrett county
TaCo    talbot county
WiCo    wicomico county
FreCo    frederick county
CalCo    calvert county
WoCo    worchester county
CaCo    caroline county
MarCo    st marys
PgCo    prince georges county

I may do one for VA, too. This doesn't work for DC, for obvious reasons.:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I believe in giving people plenty of chances but I'm putting on my 1st ever ignore on TRIXIE.

U might not be stupid and probably aren't. ....but you've shown just nonstop belittlement, demeaning, nastiness, aggressiveness day after day and week upon week here . It never stops.

BTW..Are you still chasing those golfers ( with masks) for being closer then 300 yards to each other?

Good move

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic